YOU DIRECT DRIVE GUYS

John Watson

I have had both, I also like Bawb like the reliability. I have had way more problems with my slide in units espessaly with air cooled engines. The water cooled units were not as much as a problem.

I also like the extra room it leaves me to pack all the stuff we use to service our cliental.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I love them for there reliability, but hate them for there "Spongy" performance.

I have had and built several DD's, but will always prefer a slide in that doesn't require 2 sets of belts to transfer the power.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The "A" belts will last a year.....
but when i step up an' run "B" belts......I've yet to burn up two "B's"!

spongy??

I get good heat outta mine..205 ATM FREE makes me tickled ta death!
My 47 ain't..spongy!

TimP

Bob 205 heat ATM isn't that good. My direct drive will do 220-230. I'd much rather have 250 ATM heat which makes a world of difference.

Second....I seriously doubt your blower is spinning at max RPM's especially since you have your relief valve shut down tight. I'm not happy with my 47 blowers suck but that might have something to do with the restrictions put in place to get the 230 heat. However you can only transfer only so much energy through a AC clutch. As long as you keep within tolerances the machine is very reliable and does a decent job. I personally want to go slide in to have a monster of a system and use less fuel, so most likely I'll be going slide in next time or AT/vortex.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
These Two threads that i posted was not meant as a pissing contest....merly interested what each camp would have to say....that's all!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I guess vacuum is all relative, my 4.8 CDS's got great vac, I'll never dual wand b/c I have another truck, and 200-220 degrees will clean just about anything.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
My Butler is reliable. If I order replacement parts by 3pm I will receive them the next day. Butler HQ is about 1 1/2 hours away so I can bring my truck there if necessary.
I am happy with the performance of the 47 blower and blower heater. A few Greenie tweaks makes the Butler a super single wand machine.

Rex Tyus

My direct drive could melt the hoses IFn I wanted. 8) even while dual wanding. :shock:

I chose it for the simplicity.

John Buxton

My present White Magic 1200 has the bigger 56 blower, and high heat 240. I turn the heat down cause it just gets too hot especially in the summer.

I like direct drives cause there is less to work on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom