Your input appreciated RE: cubicle panels

Supersucker

I have a customer who wants a price on panels. I have never cleaned any (other than the few I tried today). Here's the deal, they are in a warehouse. She will sort them & give me a stack to clean. I will need to clean both sides & prop against the wall to dry. Cleaning them doesn't take long at all, the labor is in handling them. However I should not have to move the porty much and may also have chairs to clean while I await a batch to dry. What would you charge?

Also, will a 100psi (1.6 gpm max) porty with single 3-stage run two uph. tools?

Thanks so much

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Do you have a cimex?

I've just cleaned about 50 of them of varying sizes. Most were approx 8-10'sq each side and then about 1/4 of them were 18-20'sq each side.

I laid them out on carpet in my warehouse and ran the Cimex over them using Releasit DS. These were out of a FDR job and had varying amounts of soot on them. I did two tests, one with encap and one with HWE. The HWE wicked real bad and still had odour. The encap one was nice and cleana nd nil odour.

After cleaning one face, we turned them all over and clean the other face. Then as we picked each one up, ran around the outside edges with a light spray and used terry towelling to clean the edges.

On a couple of the heavier affected edges, we ran the orbit sander with a Fibre Plus pad on it and that gave extra aggitation.

The small ones I priced at $30+tax each and the larger ones I forget sorry.

Because of the construction the fabric tends to be flat on heavy board sheeting and you can't get any air flow through the fibres EFFECTIVELY and I personally think that is why it didn't clean as well. I did it with the drymaster on the Genesis.

John

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
If they are well used panels :
be sure to inspect them because they often have alot of Pen and Marker spots which require additional time and chemicals. Make your customer aware of what can be expected before getting caught in a nightmare like I did.

Supersucker

Doug I understand what you're saying. I don't think they will go hourly although I will ask. I'm doing chairs per piece w/ quantity price breaks.

Whisker good point there. Will be sure to educate my customer & charge accordingly.

John no cimex, will use the porty as I will be doing chairs as well. You are right on the airflow, may hwe and towel off.

Artist, there are 12 ? sizes, trying to keep it simple. The handling & spotting is the bulk of it. They aren't filthy, I did 3 of the largest in 20 minutes.

Thanks to all of you for your input.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Run a cimex over them, no kidding?

Did Ricky teach you that?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I wanded over 500 office panels...had an assembly line....about three or four strokes per side then flip 'em for the other side...about 10 panels per stack...move 'em on out and down the line............WHAAAAA HOOOOO!!!

My custy was happier than a clam......

PRICE????

$5.00/side!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom