Your own personal residence flooded

Name
John
I was talking to a buddy and his house flooded and he was happy!! Said he was going to invoice everything just like he would on any customer, and get his house remodeled on the insurance dime..and get paid for the dryout. This ever happened to anyone?? I'm also wondering if people are flooding their houses on purpose to be able to get insurance to pay for remodels or new flooring?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've had every home I've ever owned have some sort of water damage. Some serious, some minor.I never filed a claim on any of it.
The worst was a washer hose break that caused me to replace flooring in several rooms and remove drywall in a few rooms in a finished basement.

Insurance would have covered it but it just seemed to cheezy to turn it in.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I've had two over the years. They were fine with the mitigation but pretty much insisted on using ther preferred vendors for the recon. Otherwise they were going to apply a 60% recoverable depreciation....

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Most insurance companies don't allow the home-owner to make a profit on the loss. If you are billing for your own home, they may deduct for overhead and profit.

Had a washing machine hose leaked in my home. No huge damage. Could have billed $600 to $700 mostly for service call, extraction and drying equipment. But had a $500 deductible. Did not see any reason to bill them for the difference and then see my rates go up.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom