You're opinion on "wand lips"

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
What say you?

I know they cant hold a candle to normal glides,
but I'm trying to find an alternative that my dad wont pull off after 10 minutes.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I'm not sure if they are the same as I had -basically a piece of teflon tubing with a split in it. One of the most useless things I have ever used.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I tried some of the ken harris lips, back when he tried to say just one was all you needed, in short even with 2 of them it was a joke, I wanted to see if they would work for use on water damage jobs, even on concrete they didn't work, and on carpet cleanings I was causing a water damage, how anyone could be less than orgasmically thrilled after cleaning their first room with a green glide I dunno

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Does not compare to a Glide.

But, some customers will only make the investment for "lips".

A slight improvement when "Gooped", but an improvement.

Larry

R

rotovacguy

I tried them on my carpet wand and was not impressed with them.

However, I do use them on my upholstery tool. Much better than nothing at all IMHO.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
If you have a Ti wand you will find you can't realistically use it without at least some teflon lips. I bought my TI wand from Teflon Ken on EBAY. A very scary experience. It took more than 5 weeks for him to ship the wand (after my instant $1000 PayPal payment) and then it took another 2 weeks for the lips to arrive. In the meantime I had to use some 12" lips I already had on it and added 2" of plastic Burger King straws to finish it off. I used the teflon lips for a few months and they helped alot. Until I called Greenglides and ordered a glide for it and cut the lips down to fit my upholstery tool.

Greenie

The "lips" were originally made by George Heuvalman (sp) Many know them as Teflon Magic Lips, we actually stock them here, but rarely sell them, but when we do It's a bundle of 10 lips at the same price as a glide, I like to package them that way so guys know they are disposable, they work OK on some wands and don't work on most, Like Larry said, with a little superglue they are better than nothing.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
steve g said:
how anyone could be less than orgasmically thrilled after cleaning their first room with a green glide I dunno

Then you don't know my dad.

He hates wands with more than one jet :| - I only allow 5+jet wands

He thinks more than 3 flow is too much. - I only run 8+ flow

He likes his 25ft of 1.5 whip hose - I only allow 2" to the wand, about to go 2.5 to the wand

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ashley, I worked for my father for 15 years. If I washed the truck 5 times a week it was to much, if I washed it 2 times a week it was not enough. If we ordered a new van, I ask for a V8, I got a straight 6. After 15 years I quit went in business for myself, we get along just fine. Figure :roll:

Able 1

Name
Keith
AshleyMckendree said:
He likes his 25ft of 1.5 whip hose - I only allow 2" to the wand, about to go 2.5 to the wand

2.5 to the wand, awesome! 8)

Name
Nate W.
ronbeatty said:
Ashley, I worked for my father for 15 years. If I washed the truck 5 times a week it was to much, if I washed it 2 times a week it was not enough. If we ordered a new van, I ask for a V8, I got a straight 6. After 15 years I quit went in business for myself, we get along just fine. Figure :roll:

I know that feeling. Good thing I got control of the reins. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom