Zerorez Coming to town. What have you seen in your market?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Zerorez is coming to Indy.
They have purchased 4 trucks to start and started running ads for techs mid August.

They have units that are Hydramaster CDS 4.8 with the name Zerorez on them. The Ph box is in the back.

What have you seen in markets they have entered previously?

Do they go after the Stanley Steamer customers?

Do they coupon? TV? Radio?

How have you positioned yourself if they are in your market?

How do they engage with Groupon, Angie's list etc?

Please give you city, How long they have been around and your guess as to how large they have become.

My first thoughts are to tell a customer that asks that "we run the same machines that they had custom labeled, they pitch they change the PH on the water but no national manufacture or certification organization is promoting this". Then get back to selling my services.

If they come after the high end I would look forward to it. They should be increasing voice in the market and that should help the top level companies.

The majority of carpet is still never cleaned.

Someone has some capital to get started should be interesting.

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
I really think it depends on the franchise owner.

In Spokane they are seen often. Billboards. Radio. I think the guy running it in Spokane is a driven go getter.

In the Seattle market I see them around every once in a long while. Normally doing apartments. Hear an ad now and then on the radio but nothing like coit.

In the 11 or 12 years I've been in the Seattle market place I've only seen there truck set up on a res job once. It was back when they used those beasts. It was extremely load and filled the street with a burning kero smell.

So, I really think it is like any franchise. Depends on the owner pulling the strings.

Zerorez does have compelling marketing.

FredC

Village Idiot
I can't answer most of those. I don't see many of their commercials on tv. Don't think I've seen one in a year or so. Maybe I watch the wrong channels?

I do hear their ads all over the radio. A couple of commercials:

https://www.google.com/search?q=htt...nta-"&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&safe=off

Haven't seen any direct mail but I'd imagine they would target that to the North

Metro Atlanta

lots of stuff on youtube to give you an idea of the advertising

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
They have moved into here too recently. I've already gotten one of their mad customers. In time their reviews and customer satisfaction will catch up to them. Just look at their reviews in other areas.

Mikey P

Administrator
Kinda like Venturi.

Came in with big trucks. Now using cds units sucking up apartments.

a Hyrdamaster employee told me they were able to get ZR to switch when they showed them that it was costing them $84 to get a Big Truck into each customer's drive way..

Number sound high to me...

I've seen the Bay Area franchise in town a handful of times. They broadcast their commercials over a 500 mile radius so I imagine their are spread pretty thin.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
$84 how can they not know that?
Pricing gentle men? inquiring minds want to know.

a Hyrdamaster employee told me they were able to get ZR to switch when they showed them that it was costing them $84 to get a Big Truck into each customer's drive way..

Number sound high to me...

I've seen the Bay Area franchise in town a handful of times. They broadcast their commercials over a 500 mile radius so I imagine their are spread pretty thin.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
http://www.zerorezdavisweber.com/

here again.....

allllllll depends on the area served....

go into the book online....youll see how many areas they have advertized in....

keep going and you will see prices to...cheaper then the one fred posted.....

DEPENDS ON THE FOOKING AREA OF THE COUNTRY.....

there i said it.....makes me laugh when others say....you need to do this, or this , or this.....ok thats for another post/topic

anyway...there is the one for the northern utah market

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Instead of google reviews they use Systino. Which gives them "control" of their reviews. So bad reviews shold not be a problem

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, Tom? If you knew how they would approach your market. Which end of the market they would target and what their pricing would be. Would it possibly change the way you are currently doing things?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah...I'm pretty sure he gets that...............

maybe....

and i would think others do as well.....

yet when you chat strategy with people....its only about their market...and why wouldnt it work in yours???

so people say they get it....but they really dont

Reactions: hogjowl

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I was not asking the questions because I don't know what we are going to do or because I wanted to hear some banter about marketing which we have heard.

I have looked up the price for other areas. If you look around they seem to be doing a good job of implementing in new markets.
The have a strong and compelling sales message. They are trying to set themselves apart.

It was my hope which is faltering that we would create a thread from people with actual experience, who watch what is happening in their market to help others who may not be so savey in how they run their business as those who have already chimed in. I searched ZeroRez on the Board and found very little about marketing most about production.

So my questions
Do you know what they are doing? sales message

How are they marketing? media use

Who is their target customer? demographics

Lets try it again boys.

Thanks

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Marty
You have to admit when someone has the cash to enter the market with 4 new units you need to be on message with your sales systems.
It will not change our target or pricing.

It will however be an opportunity for us if they increase voice. Which they probably will do. More people talking about carpet cleaning will mean more people searching.

Voice is the sum of all competitors adverting in the market.

When you have an increase of voice from one competitor in the market place it should drive you to increase you frequency in calling on your customers.

So Marty I will probably be in my customers home in print at a higher rate for the next year.

I will also need to be in all of my referral sources more often.

If they go strong to Radio as it looks from their other market websites. We may have to follow.

I had several conversations with Ken about radio. He was a big fan of the impact it has.

I had not gotten to the point until this year where I felt we had the capacity for the results.

So, Tom? If you knew how they would approach your market. Which end of the market they would target and what their pricing would be. Would it possibly change the way you are currently doing things?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Interesting response.

Isn't it amazing how a new threat will make us focus?

I have gone for over 25 years with virtually no real threat to my business.

Imagine what it would do for me if my clone were to show up tomorrow?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if you are busy trying to figure out what someone else is doing.....then you will only be watching their ass.....

basically,worry about yourself 1st...(yes i know you have a good biz model)

granted you better pay attention to things...but not get to caught up in it.....

i dunno, i guess (no, i KNOW) i am different then most people out there when it comes to being affected by "salesmen" wether it be radio, tv, or the guy at the store....you try to "sell" me on something...i tune out...

my "sell" when a custy calls me is...well honesty and education...i have come straight out and told someone, they should call x,y,z due to different things....yes cost being one (me more expensive).....and yet they still have me do it.... because they liked that i was honest and didnt try to sell them

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Interesting response.

Isn't it amazing how a new threat will make us focus?

I have gone for over 25 years with virtually no real threat to my business.

Imagine what it would do for me if my clone were to show up tomorrow?

is that because you dont worry about them like others do???

or because your just that good??

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i already knew the answer, because mine is the same :clap:

thought i would ask anyway

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Zero Rez came and went so fast in Tampa I never had time to form an opinion on them.

Name
PHILIP NICK
Phoenix marker is radio heavy with the empowered water and no chemical talk but I see their trucks at Interlink. They use lye in their water that is an incomplete cleaning agent so sell your quality and go fix their poor quality results

Reactions: davendana

Neil King

Name
Neil King
They were in my market for a small period of time. To my knowledge they only had one truck. It was a box truck with a PTO. There isn't a very strong high end market in my town (Albuquerque) so I'm not surprised they didn't last. I have cleaned for some people that used them when they were here and they were happy with the work.

hogjowl

Idiot™
They were in my market for a small period of time. To my knowledge they only had one truck. It was a box truck with a PTO. There isn't a very strong high end market in my town (Albuquerque) so I'm not surprised they didn't last. I have cleaned for some people that used them when they were here and they were happy with the work.

Did you notice what they did for marketing and what market they targeted?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
No first hand knowledge, one of my local competitors looked into turning their independent operation into a zerorez. She visited a 7 truck operation in the midwest somewhere, overall the feedback was they ran a first class operation, the franchisor support was very good and she was confident they would give the business training necessary to grow a large operation.

The downside was the start up costs were very high and they talked about radio a lot which can be pretty expensive. The feeling was someone with enough capital could really run with this franchise and grow fast but they either didnt have enough or didnt want to take the risk.

If i run into her over the next couple months i can ask some specific questions and pass it on to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom