Zipper Just For Residential

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
A hard time communicating? Is it our lack of "txt speak", Waldo?

Lol ur liek a bunch of faggits u dnt knowe ur brainwshed cuz you liek butlars an u rub pee in wit diaper spinnarz lmfao go drill ur cuzins.

You stay classy, Waldo ;)

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey
Name
Bill Soukoreff
No relation to Eric. First time I ever talked to him was after I had bought the Zipper and had a question about it.

Yes, I am a brain washed Butler fan boy! I love my Butler. Can't imagine cleaning in this crazy weather without it.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Ron, Eric will match the flow to your TM. What specs?

Those wondering about the Zipper, it's simple.

1. Are you a rotary guy? Yes or No. If the answer is no, then the Zipper may be in your future.

2. If you don't use a rotary and hate having to use extra aggitation on most jobs then the Zipper may be in your future.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Bill I currently use a 6 jetted twand will I see a big improvement with the Zipper?

Golden Boy

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Yes. The weight, slot and hole glide combo (each has benefits) steam chamber effect and cleaning in both directions with trigger pulled (no fear of over wetting) makes a big difference. CleanTech says the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ron K

Bill the question was just intended from a newbie perspective as to which tool would, a) do a great job, b) be the non-experienced cleaners easiest/safest to operate.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Bill the question was just intended from a newbie perspective as to which tool would, a) do a great job, b) be the non-experienced cleaners easiest/safest to operate.

I hear ya, but I think preference come into play. I think Adam traded his Zipper in for a Hoss. I did not care for the Hoss (finally accepted the fact I just am not a rotary guy) and love the Zipper. Preference. There are so many ways to achieve the same results and there is no perfect tool!

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
I hear ya, but I think preference come into play. I think Adam traded his Zipper in for a Hoss. I did not care for the Hoss (finally accepted the fact I just am not a rotary guy) and love the Zipper. Preference. There are so many ways to achieve the same results and there is no perfect tool!

Awesome post. If there is ONE fact to hammer home to newbies, it is that there is no "one size fits all" way to clean carpets. If possible, try before you buy.

They should all be at Mikeyfest, so a golden opportunity to see more variety than any one distributor has on the floor, PLUS you can run them. Try that at some distributors...?

HogFan

Name
Nick Petersen
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that the zipper would not work well on an under powered machine?
I have a fairly weak blueline that doesn't have great heat.
Would it be better for me to go with a 360i than a zipper?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that the zipper would not work well on an under powered machine?
Which blue line have you got. Has it always had low heat, what is the max temp you can get

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

What is the "flow" on your usual cleaning tool? A 360i is set up from the factory with 3 1.5 jets. That's 4.5 flow. I have 2 vans. One is a smaller (Chemtex) slide in and the other is a Cleanco 47 with the MaxHeat option. They both power the Rotovac great as far as heat goes.

I particularly like how the shroud on the RV holds that heat at the carpet. This may be common for most rotaries, not sure. Test these tools if you can. The Rotovac does an awesome job and helps me impress home owners BUT it will slow you down. I bring it into just about every residential situation to be used in the living room, hall, and other trouble areas. I use my 6 flow (West Pac) wand with Greenglide the rest of the time.

Of all the tools that will be at MF 10, I'm probably most excited to try the Zipper. I think the smaller 13" would be best for my set up because of limited heat.

The Clean Machine

HogFan

Name
Nick Petersen
I have the blueline champ. About 10 yrs old. It says it gets 230 but I don't think it gets that hot anymore.

I'm not sure about the flow. I use a 4 jet wand. Not sure what size jets. Sorry, I'm not very technically savvy.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The Zipper is set up to deliver and retrieve mass amounts of water. Your heat will likely be affected (as well as mine) but you will be flushing the carpet with a lot more water which may prove to out-clean a lesser flow/higher heat situation. I hope to try the Zipper with a similar Truckmount as my own to find out for sure. These tools, at a couple grand a pop, can add up quick.

As you add these premium tools, they must better your bottom line to make business sense. There are a couple ways to do this. Raise prices, like I have and/or raise productivity. I think this is where the Zipper will shine.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Bill Soukoreff
Name
Bill Soukoreff
I posted this on the high flow or heat thread but it also should go here.

This morning it was -8F and was the carpet was still steaming after the Zipper past over. When this cold, I don't usually get that with my wand. When I went out the Butler was at 240F. Now that I think about it, it makes sense. The Zipper's vacuum ports are always in contact with the carpet unlike a wand (and like a rotary). Even when when you stop to do other things it is still glued to the carpet. That keeps restriction at the blower and more heat!

That is another reason why the Zipper out cleans a high flow wand.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I can see the Zipper (prob 13") becoming the next tool that I "need". I think I am developing a problem...

The Clean Machine

Reactions: kingjoelking

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Waldo what PSI do you clean at? with your 6 jet ti are you 12 flow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have 5 jets on each zipper at 2.0 flow so that equals 10 right? It seems to have more flow then the Ti Wand.

I have 2 zips but won't buy one for residential only, personally, I wouldn't buy a rotary for residential either

if you are doing a lot of empty apartments or rentals and training new people, I would think the zipper wouild make it easier to train person

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom