Zipper review

G

I purchased the Zipper last year, in the hopes I could be more competitive in winning some commercial accounts, and not move over to the bandwagon of encap/cimex. Since then I've lost every bid that has come my way using sqft pricing. Lately I've been eye balling and figuring how long it would take times $100/hr my old method. I finally won one and got to use the Zipper for the first time on commercial this weekend. This Zipper kicks ass on commercial! If I didn't have to spend an hour vacuuming I would have made close to $175/hr, that's how much it saved me. I used to use a RDM on commercial, because it's easy, but slow. I did try the Zipper on a residential berber home one time that was empty. That was the last time I used it because it was murder, and not fun at all.

Observation:
1. QUALITY: The workmanship is a thing of beauty
2. It works exactly as described. No dry passes, row and mow until your done.
3. I had it sent with 09 flow, and I used 600psi at the tm, spray stayed precisely at the inside edge of glides
4. I recommend workout gloves, the handles are not foam. I got blisters on the residential job, right on the palm
5. On Commercial, this is King, it put a smile on my face while using it, it was amazing how fast I was working.

I look forward to seeing how the Zipper Jr. works on Residential. I will be buying one of those next.

Also Erik has great customer service. He would call several times after purchasing to find out if I had any questions and how it was working.

Thanks,
Eric

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
very cool 8)

on the CGD, what are the dry times like, as this might be a good indicator of how the carpet ended up looking?

I watched all the zipper videos and the zipper jr to me is clearly the better tool. I noticed the sides are enclosed so no overspray, it is lighter, and has a lower profile. I don't think it can compete with my glided rx though. I still would like to have a zipper because it looks almost idiot proof to run. I can't wait to demo one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've only seen the Zipper.
i was impressed with it .
it ain't a toy wand and there didn't look to be anything cheap or chincy about it.
Looked like a quality, professional tool

I'm looking forward to actually demoing one in Nashville

I'm curious though, Eric, you said it was "murder" on the res berber?

why?
What makes a berber loop pile so different from a com loop as far as rinning the Zip'r over it??

Thanks

..l.T.A.

G

I think the main reason it was murder, was my palms getting blister halfway through. Then it was all the enclosed space, closets, angles, up the stairs, down the stairs, but mostly the blister was the murder ;). The harder surface of the commercial it just moves perfect. The dry times were great, didn't stick around till 100%, but the carpets looked great, and the guy who opened up the place was impressed with the results (including me). Once again, no overspray at all, pure precision. Yes, it is idiot proof, the technique like Erik told me is all waist level pushing and pulling, you will feel some new muscles growning, but it was awesome.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thanks for the great review Eric. I have the Zipper jr. almost ready for MF. I'm picking up the weight package tomorrow. We are running a 12 flow 4 jet manifold, Precision fluid control valve. Everything is easily adjustable right or left handed. Thanks to Harper the wheels are easily adjustable, for padded or CGD carpet. Here are a few pics of the changes:

007-1.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
You will like this unit better jug head. The only allen in this is the common 1/4 inch allen head for all adjustments. :lol:

Name
Lee Stockwell
My dad told me when I was a boy to expect various names and for one of them to stick. He said it was better to let one stick that wasn't "too" bad, cuz it could get worse.

I had to milk 8 or ten goats every morning before getting on the bus, and being named Stockwell it wasn't too much of a stretch for "Stinkwell" or "Stockyard" to have been my tag.

Fortunately I ended up being called "Firebird" from about the eighth grade for my (then) red hair.

I don't think jughead is that bad, considering other possibilities...

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i was going to buy a jr but if your going to keep insulting mickeyless mikey... i,ll buy 2

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
cu said:
i was going to buy a jr but if your going to keep insulting mickeyless mikey... i,ll buy 2
I can't afford 1 let alone 2. Think I'll get a used RX-20 for added mechanical agitation.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
that is very cool. i always wondered why not vac in the front and the back. i wish i could test it on some residential carpet. it looks way easier then a wand on the back.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom