Zipper vs. Rv360i in a rental.

Name
Nate W.
So my sister been living in a place since her house burnt down 2 days before last years Christmas... A widow with 3 young boys has taken a toll on this carpet, but it wasn't in the best of shape when they moved in... Anyhow, she moved out and wanted me to clean the carpet.. I figured I'll do a side by side comparison since it's a Sunday and I was out in BFE (bum fook egypt)..

I presprayed the carpet with Chemspec Enz-all and gave it a CRB scrub too.. Fresh water rinsed to see a side-by-side test... I'll let you judge for yourself which cleaned better.. All things being equal...

20151115_132819.jpg
20151115_135122.jpg
20151115_135131-2.jpg
20151115_135145.jpg
20151115_135152.jpg
20151115_135202.jpg
20151115_135704.jpg
20151115_135710.jpg
20151115_144119.jpg
20151115_143800.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Zipper side looks good.

Was wear constant?

I had a job just like this but add a couple of dogs just today.

I went with the hoss and it cleaned up ok but didn't look anything close to perfect.

I agree the Zipper side did look good.... The RV360i side fluffed up the carpet more, but it didn't seem like it was getting more soil out IMO... The wear was pretty bad where the couch sat (the test area).. I did finish the job with the RV360i just to try and give it more fluff... The Zipper was indeed faster with the less effort (not having to edge with the wand or groom)... I can see Zippering more residential empties in the future, but only with a pre-scrub... The RV360i does save from pre-scrubbing but takes longer adding the edging and grooming....

I'm an avid Rotary Extractor user, because pushing a wand is BS... I'll gladly push a Zipper though...:lol: But all in all, if you pre scrub you don't need a RE unless you want the fluff... The RV360i requires grooming and edging... With the Zipper you can get away without grooming.... To each their own... I also believe the RE does dig more stuff out the carpet like sand/grit/fur/hair even with a CRB....

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree the Zipper side did look good.... The RV360i side fluffed up the carpet more, but it didn't seem like it was getting more soil out IMO... The wear was pretty bad where the couch sat (the test area).. I did finish the job with the RV360i just to try and give it more fluff... The Zipper was indeed faster with the less effort (not having to edge with the wand or groom)... I can see Zippering more residential empties in the future, but only with a pre-scrub... The RV360i does save from pre-scrubbing but takes longer adding the edging and grooming....

I'm an avid Rotary Extractor user, because pushing a wand is BS... I'll gladly push a Zipper though...:lol: But all in all, if you pre scrub you don't need a RE unless you want the fluff... The RV360i requires grooming and edging... With the Zipper you can get away without grooming.... To each their own... I also believe the RE does dig more stuff out the carpet like sand/grit/fur/hair even with a CRB....

Are you going to lay those rules down for every job?

Name
Steve Lawrence
I don't think it was a fair test. I don't rotary extract in a straight line. It gets multiple passes albeit takes longer than a zipper but on trashed residential Id use an RE and give it multiple passes.

Two great tools. Two different purposes.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The "One" you want to win usually does. Go a couple more strokes here and there...........do this............do that.
Been there done that................testing is always biased in some way.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But all in all, if you pre scrub you don't need a RE unless you want the fluff
You mean unless the client wants the "restored" fluff.

Who doesn't want that? :eekk:

IF you gave me the choice of they will both clean about the same, but one of them will restore the texture I 'd want clean & restored. But I'm just like that, I want everything! :winky:

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Nate W.
I don't think it was a fair test. I don't rotary extract in a straight line. It gets multiple passes albeit takes longer than a zipper but on trashed residential Id use an RE and give it multiple passes.

Two great tools. Two different purposes.

The 7th and 8th pictures were multiple passes with both... Then both were Zippered dry extracted to get the carpet to lay in the same direction... Yes both are great tools and you can read all my posts about regarding using my Zipper for commercial and rv360i for residential...

The second and third pictures you can see I used the Zipper to clean the entryway that the Zipper and rv360i is sitting on.. I still went over the whole job with the rv360i... But I can see how you can get away with the Zipper if you wanted too.

Are you going to lay those rules down for every job?
No.. I will still remain an avid RE user, unless the carpet is brand new or very lightly soiled..

The "One" you want to win usually does. Go a couple more strokes here and there...........do this............do that.
Been there done that................testing is always biased in some way.

I'll contact HarryHides to do the testing next time... :lol:

You mean unless the client wants the "restored" fluff.

Who doesn't want that? :eekk:

IF you gave me the choice of they will both clean about the same, but one of them will restore the texture I 'd want clean & restored. But I'm just like that, I want everything! :winky:

The guy's who clean shit holes and don't charge enough to spend enough time on the job... This job was a free one for my sister, he'll I even helped most all her stuff up a three story walk up with no elevator...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The zipper is a well built, great tool that saves time (increase production) in open spaces.
It will, in my experience, not achieve better cleaning than a wand used correctly.
Faster? Yes.
Potentially less tiring in large open spaces? Yes.

If your wand doesn't get it right.
Check the: Jets, angle, glide, technique or in Ntae's case- where your eyes are while you clean :winky:

P.S. Good review Nate, yet....

th?id=OIP.M0f174532d5e96b8161f6df4521bd6f51H2&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=137&h=97.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Can't. I sold it.
Therefore, from now on I may hold my peace unzipped, forever.

P.S. If I ever start cleaning large open spaces again. I'll buy a new Zipper in a heart bit. Love that tool.

Second P.S. If I do, would you be interested in chopping wood?

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Therefore, from now on I may hold my peace unzipped, forever.
:biggrin:

P.S. If I ever start cleaning large open spaces again. I'll buy a new Zipper. Love that tool.
It is a very nice tool. My nephew uses one everyday. He just loves it. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
With the weather change here I've been on the other crew to use it just to aid in drying. I figure once the use it regularly they will adjust to it being their main tool.

Name
Nate W.
The zipper is a well built, great tool that saves time (increase production) in open spaces.
It will, in my experience, not achieve better cleaning than a wand used correctly.
Faster? Yes.
Potentially less tiring in large open spaces? Yes.

If your wand doesn't get it right.
Check the: Jets, angle, glide, technique or in Ntae's case- where your eyes are while you clean :winky:

P.S. Good review Nate, yet....

View attachment 8859

You must be related to Cobb... What you need is a well-formulated wand... It will out clean everything...

Do you happen to have an RE or does your well-formulated wand out clean it too? :lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom