Zipper Wand in a residential home.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
How do you rinse next to the wall? You lift a wand next (perpendicular) to the wall to rinse all the way to the wall. And you lift one end of a wand glide to rinse parallel to the wall. Don't see how that can be accomplished with this tool.

J

JS41035

Looks awesome man. How is the 870? How many hours are you at?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
How do you rinse next to the wall? You lift a wand next (perpendicular) to the wall to rinse all the way to the wall. And you lift one end of a wand glide to rinse parallel to the wall. Don't see how that can be accomplished with this tool.
I try to run parallel to the wall when I can but I also do that with the wands. Going straight in you can hold it for a few seconds and the glide will suck it through the carpet. Cleans just as close to the wall as the wand. If you really feel it necessary you can tip and blast. Only use the zipper the wand just sits. Way faster than a wand and drier. Don't even get me started on how much easier on your body.

Gene

Ron K

Mike how is it around Furniture and such. Open areas looks great whether resi or commercial but what about tighter spaces?

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Mike how is it around Furniture and such. Open areas looks great whether resi or commercial but what about tighter spaces?

To be honest I don't really use it in tight residential spaces. I'll use my ti wand. I use my 15 inch Zipper on all commercial jobs and my 13 inch Zipper on large vacant houses. Once you get comfortable with it I'm sure you could easily clean around furniture. I just really like the cleaning motion of standing straight up and walking back and forth. It might not be for everyone, like I don't like rotary machines while others love them. It's all personal preference.

Name
Marcus
To be honest I don't really use it in tight residential spaces. I'll use my ti wand. I use my 15 inch Zipper on all commercial jobs and my 13 inch Zipper on large vacant houses. Once you get comfortable with it I'm sure you could easily clean around furniture. I just really like the cleaning motion of standing straight up and walking back and forth. It might not be for everyone, like I don't like rotary machines while others love them. It's all personal preference.

Mike do you have a 47 or 45 blower ...for the 15"
What jet size are you using on the 15"??
i have a 45 blower..with the 13" a little skeptical about putting a 15" on that blower??

cap

Last edited:
Name
Bill Soukoreff
Marcus, the 15" will be fine on a 45 that has little restrictions on plumbing. What filter set-up do you have?

My buddy runs the 15" on an older PC Everest with 408 CFM. Once he got a Devastator Filter and removed the in-tank filter basket, he loves the 15".

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Not even close on commercial, the Zipper is an exotic sports car. Residential about the same, but better results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I have a sapphire 870 and it's a dual wand machine. So no problem with vacuum. On the 15 I'm running 12 flow and 10 flow on the 13. Like Bill said if you don't have restrictions and a good filter you should be fine with the 15.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom