zrrz

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Musing over the reality that those that claim to leave the least, after the rinse tank is empty/12pm, leave the most of any method ..

98% deLimo prespray, tap water rinse.

oOOf!

Careful, said company tends to be protective of their brand and they watch public statements like this. They tend to be much like the people who went after Lisa....and me once as well.

Reactions: SamIam

Tom Forsythe

No one uses a 98% d'limonene pre-spray (No one could afford it). I am baffled about why you would even say it. Did you mean 0.98% instead of 98%. 0.98% is possible but still higher than what is in most RTU pre-spray solutions.

Mikey P

Administrator
No one uses a 98% d'limonene pre-spray (No one could afford it). I am baffled about why you would even say it. Did you mean 0.98% instead of 98%. 0.98% is possible but still higher than what is in most RTU pre-spray solutions.
Take a product like Cobbs. PowerMax which has a huge amount of dehydrated delimaine in it, what percentage? I don't know but it's way too much and then remove all the other products out of there and that's pretty much what the RZRZ uses.

If it's something that you formulated for them and private label, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Tom

Tom Forsythe

It has nothing to do with feelings, but has everything do to FACTS. Directions for Citrus Solv (our two products) are to add 1 to 2 ounces per ready to use gallon. 1 ounce is .78% and 2 ounces is 1.5%. Neither of our products is 100% d'limonene. The maximum solvent load that you can add to any powder (BP, Cobb, Prochem, etc.) is around 10%. At a 1 to 32 dilution you end up with 0.3%. Just admit you were living in the land of hyperbole. Confession is therapeutic. I know from too many experiences.

Mikey P

Administrator
It has nothing to do with feelings, but has everything do to FACTS. Directions for Citrus Solv (our two products) are to add 1 to 2 ounces per ready to use gallon. 1 ounce is .78% and 2 ounces is 1.5%. Neither of our products is 100% d'limonene. The maximum solvent load that you can add to any powder (BP, Cobb, Prochem, etc.) is around 10%. At a 1 to 32 dilution you end up with 0.3%. Just admit you were living in the land of hyperbole. Confession is therapeutic. I know from too many experiences.
I know enough RZZR peeps who all tell me how overly strong the prespray is, all comment that they feel its "pure d'limonene"

Pretty sure Cobb formulated it for them at one point

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I know enough RZZR peeps who all tell me how overly strong the prespray is, all comment that they feel its "pure d'limonene"

Pretty sure Cobb formulated it for them at one point

I'm sure Tom will be relieved that the technicians in the field were able to make that accurate assessment of the formulation, whether from Utah or Texas

All of that said, our industry pays more attention to what they use in their rinse than what they prespray with, and how much they apply.

I've seen more resoiling caused by guys using in line sprayers and flooding the carpet with highly concentrated products that contain d-limonene with inadequate flushing with whatever is in their solution than has been caused by choosing "clear water" vs "acid rinse" vs "alkaline detergent".

Look at it this way:

What is of more consequence:

Something you are using at about a 256:1 dilution (rinse), or something you are applying at at 32:1 dilution (prespray)?

Its understood that we should be removing the 32:1 diluted prespray formula during rinsing, but often we are really just diluting it, but not altogether removing it.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I'm sure Tom will be relieved that the technicians in the field were able to make that accurate assessment of the formulation, whether from Utah or Texas

All of that said, our industry pays more attention to what they use in their rinse than what they prespray with, and how much they apply.

I've seen more resoiling caused by guys using in line sprayers and flooding the carpet with highly concentrated products that contain d-limonene with inadequate flushing with whatever is in their solution than has been caused by choosing "clear water" vs "acid rinse" vs "alkaline detergent".

Look at it this way:

What is of more consequence:

Something you are using at about a 256:1 dilution (rinse), or something you are applying at at 32:1 dilution (prespray)?

Its understood that we should be removing the 32:1 diluted prespray formula during rinsing, but often we are really just diluting it, but not altogether removing it.
That why I don't spray down solution heavy, I crb it if needed. The only dlimonene product I use is bio break or 1oz of biosolve in hydraforce. I haven't really needed it unless the house smell like a barrel of pet ass.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Tom Forsythe

Jim is correct in that over application of a citrus booster can create re-soil issues, but this can happen at residues of 1% . Some citrus booster will rinse out better than others. The reason we introduced Citrus Solv II is that use of Glycol Ether DB (water soluble) vs. OMS (not soluble in water) in the original Citrus Solv makes it easier to rinse out solvent residues. Citrus Solv II was also less expensive in most situations than original Citrus Solv. Currently Citrus Sol II is more expensive but at some time in the future the pricing should switch back.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah its good.

But kinda strong in the scent department.

I liked it.
I switched out the scoop. It comes with 3oz scoop, I've been using the 2oz instead for the last year. Otherwise, the solution is way to strong and unnecessary.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I remember using Ultrapac mint a couple times way back.
Anything you can taste for a day after using it can't be good for you.

Was that the Liquid Ultrapac Mint Fresh?

I had the same experience with the product.

This discussion is about the new Ultrapac Extreme, which is a powder and nothing like the liquid product at all.

It just happens to have a peppermint fragrance

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Was that the Liquid Ultrapac Mint Fresh?

I had the same experience with the product.

This discussion is about the new Ultrapac Extreme, which is a powder and nothing like the liquid product at all.

It just happens to have a peppermint fragrance
I just saw Ultrapac in post #16.
Yes it was actually the liquid version before they even came out with the mint version like the original didn't have enough in it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I just saw Ultrapac in post #16.
Yes it was actually the liquid version before they even came out with the mint version like the original didn't have enough in it.

We have one customer who loves the stuff. Every time he orders it, my manager (who ran my cleaning company for 18 years before I brought him over to the supply side) look at each other and just say:

"Why....?"

Tom Forsythe

Peppermint works for products where the Glycol Ether EB or Buytl is strong. It is much better than smelling the solvent as the peppermint covers the odor well. I use peppermint with one product to diminish the solvent smell. Wintermint covers the odor of a strong acid in a few of our products. We need to remember that the fragrance needs to work with and cover the raw material odor when possible. We have a few ingredients where the fragrance does not last in a formula so none is used. Fragrance does matter as discussed in the attached blog. https://blog.aramsco.com/the-power-of-fragrance-and-difference-it-can-make-in-your-cleaning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom