Any advice on truck lettering?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
There can be a lot for "Branding Opportunities" with your traveling Billboard....

I am doing a presentation on just this similar topic (and a bit more) coming up in April at the Experience show....don't know if you could make it....

But, think about colors that might fit your brand (branding),

A bit of theme....don't get too busy, but also you want to make everything as readable as possible from a distance.

I am just going to put up a pic of my vans, but keep in mind, there are many ways to be unique and memorable...and really use your "Traveling Billboard" to your advantage.

It is difficult to just explain it all in a post, but I would suggest take a look at vans and signs even outside our industry for things that are memorable to you.

Big Blocks and Big Blocks of color are some quick thoughts that I always suggest to look for ....

I am sure others will really chime in here too....

Vans winter shoot.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Have it wrapped like Saiger's are or don't bother. Women don't look at white vans. In fact they turn their heads away. Now some women on here are going to say they look at trucks but that is because they are in business with them. I've been at this for 15 years including 2 years with Stanley and 1 year for someone else with a big ugly orange van. I watch people constantly when I'm driving and I'm telling you, women do NOT look at white lettered vans.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Have it wrapped like Saiger's are or don't bother. Women don't look at white vans. In fact they turn their heads away. Now some women on here are going to say they look at trucks but that is because they are in business with them. I've been at this for 15 years including 2 years with Stanley and 1 year for someone else with a big ugly orange van. I watch people constantly when I'm driving and I'm telling you, women do NOT look at white lettered vans.

what a load of crap.....my trucks get all kinds of attention...there is no way I would wrap them..I would have then so scratched up you could not read anything....way to many trees and tight drive ways..plus for a few hundred bucks you can get the machine and do 80% yourself and save a ton of money...and if you do scratch some of the vinyl you can fix it yourself..........

PA130778_zpshsajduhz.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It may be different where you are Jim. Totally different women than what we have here in the midwest but I'm not going to describe the difference here in print.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have a whit 2010 express. I was told to stick with black, and maybe another color shadowing it.

Black shadowing or background ....or white on a color in my opinion are some of the better colors....it makes them more readable.

It takes a bit of time to select what you would like, but contrasting block lettering....color can help....

Take a look at this web site for some ideas I would suggest as a starting point....just for some ideas

www.graphicd-signs.com

Especially take a look at just the partial wrap type vans with just big design blocks on them....Might give you some ideas...

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I love marks wrap but thought it was aigers. The vac hose on the "s" threw me.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not aiger’s (sorry, I meant Saiger's) but most wraps are way too busy.

It also makes a big difference if you’re in a very small community, versus a large metropolitan area. It is a whole different ballgame as far as getting name recognition. A lot easier at Saiger’s pint size community than say in Detroit.

The idea of a good billboard (that's what it really is) is to make people want to call you and use your services, as well as leave an impression, act as an advertisement and bring your company (brand) into people’s consciousness both immediately and through multiple exposure.

Therefore it needs to:

• Be easy to read.
  • Tell people exactly what you do, in the fewest words possible.
  • Convey your company’s image and who you are, both through text and graphics. Therefore make them want to do business with you.
  • Be memorable. So it creates name recognition through multiple exposure.
  • Be attractive and leave the right impression, as people will project from the image you convey to how you do business.
  • Make them want to call you. Both through what it says and what it conveys.

As per wrap versus lettering: Both can be done very well or very badly. I would not get “wrapped” up in that endless discussion. Done well, both will do a great job for you. See what you like, ask your customers and go from there.

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It needs to be easily readable. I would suggest letting some of your female customers see your ideas. Don't ask a bunch of carpet cleaners. They aren't your target market.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom