Any advice on truck lettering?

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
White gets me good cleaning gigs........even at companies that have all of their Tractor Trailers with a Black Background..... but yes I like the darker background.

20150323_183419.jpg
20150211_190838.jpg
slide41.png
slide3-3.png

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
I'm not to sure how many jobs you can acquire through people seeing your trucks but I'm convinced that your truck and all your marketing material should mirror each other. I'm Ok with white because we use that as our background on all our brochures and marketing pieces. I really like Hagopian's purple trucks, there entire fleet and marketing material uses the same purple. They actually have there own paint booth to paint and repair there trucks, in the past you would need something like that. Now with wraps you can do anything you want.
We tried to keep ours simple and easy to read and understand, we do get a lot of customers asking about our other services after looking out at our truck in their driveway even though the brochure we use looks the same as our truck. I don't know who is right but we had a female marketing team work on our logo and design because it was way different than what I had envisioned.

Reactions: Mikey P

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I have a whit 2010 express. I was told to stick with black, and maybe another color shadowing it.
Wrong! you need your truck to look like it is a national franchise.

Ask these questions?
What does you current logo look like? If it is not really strong get a new one and re launch your brand with a new truck design.

What images or icons are you currently using?

Keep you message to 9 words or less per side? key rule to outdoor advertising
Make sure your text is large enough to be seen...
Going the other way on the intersection at 65 mph
8-10 car lengths when being followed
Across the intersection
Here is some great information on outdoor signage. Enjoy!
http://www.usscfoundation.org/USSCSignLegiRulesThumb.pdf

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I kept it simple hoping it's easier to tell what I do as I'm flying down the road...

Attachments

• 1427739609427458804731.jpg
    1427739609427458804731.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 290
Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't think that flying down the highway gets the business, or name recognition.
It is driving down the street, in the neighborhood when people can actually see it. And mostly when being stationary while doing the work.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom