Any1 at ICE? How's Mytee's new multi-speed rotary?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
These are from the ICE show, I didn't go so I don't know any details about it. Looks very nice though.

t rex.jpg

t rexx.jpg

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
photos courtesy of some CC'ing Facebook group. heard it might be not dual-speed but adjustable-speed...not sure if true. looking forward to the scoop!

Bjorn

I guess it's just to hard to pre spay with a pump up a rotary goes side to side I can see getting a constant even spray on the carpet

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I just looked (now that I already spoke) and Rick's system has only one front-mounted jet, no onboard pump (you have to hook it to an external battery sprayer) and can switch between spray and shower feed. I would say Mytees is not even close. Rick's bracket, mounting and spray head looks much more professional IMO.

vario.jpg

Bjorn

cant really say the big bucks are in making the first ones and then getting it right they after that if your doing it right your using CAD cutting and CNC and your production cost drop also depends on price of parts and volume purchase

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I wanted to talk to John about the pricing on the 17" Grumpy ($5500)
and the 20" ERacer ($8495).
I cleaned a fair amount of carpet with the Grumpy (3 passes) to see how it turned around .
Of course there were always too many cleaners around to broach the subject . . .
Productivity was there , durability to be determined.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
I guess it's just to hard to pre spay with a pump up a rotary goes side to side I can see getting a constant even spray on the carpet

because some of us have large sized jobs before our golf games to get done :p
on board spray makes up tons of time :D

the mytee employee I also talked to said it was variable speed. Decent starting point for an in development machine.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Variable would indicate an AC motor, right?

In order for an AC motor to be variable-speed, it has to be a 3-phase motor and be connected to a variable-frequency-drive, like this one (I have a couple of these at home):

VFD.jpg

For smaller motors (up to a couple hp) it's much more common to see a DC motor fed by a DC PWM (pulse-width-modulator) controller:

DCcontr.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom