customer want this dark spot gone.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i went back into the room and showed her that its one of those magic stains, that no matter what you do will never come out but you can move it around.

Mikey P

Administrator
I had to drive 50 miles at night once with Coit to show a lady why her reappearing spot only showed up at night...

Still frustrated...

Great video Scott..

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I had to drive 50 miles at night once with Coit to show a lady why her reappearing spot only showed up at night...

Still frustrated...

Great video Scott..

I had that exact thing happen many years ago. After 5 pm, 20 miles from the office in the exact opposite direction from my home. Dark spot in the hallway "that was not there before we cleaned". It took about 5 seconds for me to realize the problem and do just like Scott, tap the lamp and watch the spot dance around.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i thought it was funny. the lady was almost afraid to tell me because we have cleaned for her for years. and she laughed when she saw. i should have bumped the light and chased it around the room just to make her laugh.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Smudge (oily) on large picture window created a shadow on the carpet. She looked at me like I was crazy cause you couldn't see the smudge without damn near pressing your face against the window. But I found it. She washed her window and said,"oh - I see."

I noticed when I was circling the mystery spot that it would disappear when I got to a certain point. Then I was waving my hand around to create a shadow next to it. Pretty wild CSI work I'd say.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
...."you guys bleached out all these little spots...ohmygosh..!! "

It was also pretty funny moving the chandelier with the crystal prisms creating -via the sun light- all these bright "bleached out" spots.

That's what you get....moving a big dining table (to clean under) made it apparent what they never noticed before.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We also had a coffee table that had a mirrored lower shelf that reflected up onto the front of a leather sofa. The customer called claiming we bleached out the front of the sofa. The sad part is I sent a crew out to check it out and they said they couldn't do anything with it.

I saw the problem the second I walked into the room. The customer didn't believe me, so not only did I have to move the table and "fix" the bleached area, I had to tip the sofa on it's back so they could see that the front was indeed the same as the rest of the furniture.

Like others have said, it is funny how these things are not noticed until after we clean!!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I clean shadows in my sleep. I went over shadow cleaning with my son just this week.
Ok son, if the spot isn't coming out, put your hand out in a couple of directions and see if it becomes part of the spot. Yup, it's a shadow. Now figure out how to nicely explain that to Mrs. Jones without pissing her off.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
When I first started in the business, I spend about 40 minutes trying to remove a dark spot that ended up being a shadow from a wind chime hanging outside the bedroom window. Felt like a damn idiot, fortunately the home owner wasn't there at the time.

Reactions: Mikey P
Back
Top Bottom