GFCI cords or units, who uses them?

Mikey P

Administrator
Not that they are aware of, but during our S250 Resilient Standards meeting today most all the commercial contractors in the group say they are mandatory for doing wet floor work , ie.. stripping

Reactions: AlienAgent

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not that they are aware of, but during our S250 Resilient Standards meeting today most all the commercial contractors in the group say they are mandatory for doing wet floor work , ie.. stripping

I think that it would be beneficial (and possibly OSHA mandated) to use GFCI cords when scrubbing a carpet in a rug plant as well.

Back when we had a cleaning company:

We had the third RX20 made back in 1984. After a few years of use by the carpet cleaners, I wanted to use their unit for a class.

I went to use it and got zapped. I asked the operator, and he said:

"Oh yeah, it does that. You get used to it after awhile..."

:eekk:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think that it would be beneficial (and possibly OSHA mandated) to use GFCI cords when scrubbing a carpet in a rug plant as well.

Back when we had a cleaning company:

We had the third RX20 made back in 1984. After a few years of use by the carpet cleaners, I wanted to use their unit for a class.

I went to use it and got zapped. I asked the operator, and he said:

"Oh yeah, it does that. You get used to it after awhile..."

:eekk:
Had an old Von Schrader machine like that once. No grounding plug.

Name
Nate W.
That is a good idea to use it.. A few commercial jobs sometimes don't leave the circuit panel room open, so we've been screwed in the past.. Granted it's from running our airpaths to help speed dry the carpets as the AC turns off at a certain hour.. You always find a work-around..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom