Live garden hose reel for van???

Name
Nate W.
http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.ht ... ++++++++++

You got to be kidding me on the price :shock: ... For that price, a illegal immigrant should come with it and hook it up whenever it's needed :twisted: .. Anyplace else have live garden hose reels a whole lot cheaper then the link posted? LMK...

I have one like Mike Draper from Grainger but it only holds 50' of 1/2" hose.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/produ ... ction=push

i have seen then at harbor freight to...in fact thats where i got mine, after sams was sold out :x :x :x :x :x

uhhhh its been 3 yrs now

how much hose you got??? 8)

oh yeah, you just dont put the wheels on when you get it...should bolt in nice and easy.....yes it is wider then others...but

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1113532&navAction=push

i have seen then at harbor freight to...in fact thats where i got mine, after sams was sold out :x :x :x :x :x

uhhhh its been 3 yrs now

how much hose you got??? 8)

oh yeah, you just dont put the wheels on when you get it...should bolt in nice and easy.....yes it is wider then others...but

I got only 50' on the reel, but I carry an extra 50' and 100' garden hose. Most of the time I can get it with the 50', but sometimes I need to break out the other 50'. Rarely do I need the extra 100', but I keep it just cuz I never know.

Douglas, I have a regular E250 cargo van. That reel won't fit in it even without the wheels.

This is how I set up my van, but I'm going to redo it and change the vacuum hose reel from 200' to 400' and move it further back making it "powered" of course. I run 4-2-door and would only keep 150' on the current reel and 25' on the side. I'm want to order 100' of 2.5" hose, but might only be able to do 50' because shipping is around $150. I have a lot 2" hose, that's why I'm making due with what I got for now.

DSC01580.jpg

I'm looking for a hose reel like Duane Oxley's one in this pic.

DSCN0418.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats just a regular hose reel.....only problem you have to take it ALL off...unless you make a quick connector to screw inside

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nate The Great said:
http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.html?item_num=AR07HR++++++++++++++

You got to be kidding me on the price :shock: ... For that price, a illegal immigrant should come with it and hook it up whenever it's needed :twisted: .. Anyplace else have live garden hose reels a whole lot cheaper then the link posted? LMK...

Well why are you calling them.

The 200' Reel (50" Garden hose) is $104 and the LSA (low Pressure swivel assymbly) is $78 Shipping to you shouldn't be to bad since we can send in USPS. Sometimes you make me want to fly back and smack ya... :mrgreen:

Name
Lee Stockwell
I carry my supply hose on the little $7 electric cord reels, 50' of 3/8" (air hose) per reel. I have three on the truck. At Lowes get the fittings to convert the 1/4" npt to garden hose fittings and add garden hose quick couples and metal ball valve shut-off to each section.

Much easier to setup, transport, and wind up than the fixed van-mounted reels were. Works great for hot or cold water feed.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
imeant of lees....

I got a few of them regular hose reels.....

hey how much for a wall hanger??

Name
Nate W.
Well why are you calling them.

The 200' Reel (50" Garden hose) is $104 and the LSA (low Pressure swivel assymbly) is $78 Shipping to you shouldn't be to bad since we can send in USPS. Sometimes you make me want to fly back and smack ya... :mrgreen:[/quote:2dvzmjd9]

Good excuse to fly back to paradise. Don't forget your better half or you'll houseless...... :lol:

So, interlinksupply's added an extra 4 to the link?

A

amazingcleansc

I think the reason they have a reel at that obscene price is that it is extra PROFIT when they actually SELL a NEW van.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nate The Great said:
http://www.interlinksupply.com/index.html?item_num=AR07HR++++++++++++++

http://www.windtrax.com/search_results. ... fromSearch

Name
Nate W.
Thanks for the replies guys... It will only be for low pressure hookup. Will the swivel hold up and work for my auto pumpout too? I don't see a problem, but maybe someone had trouble in the past.

Scott Rogers

most pumpouts need a minimum of 5/8" hoses and fittings and prefer 3/4" the swivel will hold up, but the restriction might be hard on you P/O

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for $20 bucks you can get a real nice 1/2 inch brass swivel at windtraks and just switch it out...I run them on my solution lines.rebuild kits for then are just under $5 bucks....I just reduced it down and hooked them up..been running high heat and high temps for just about a year and not had to rebuild one yet...for a water supply it should last forever.............and you will still come out ahead..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Just use a 3/4" garden hose type quick couple instead of a swivel at that point. It won't be turning under pressure. Easy to use, easy to replace.

F

FB7777

We have the Butler Live Garden hose reels for our trucks, both have mounting brackets installed to the van ceiling

Cost is $575 and they hold 100' of hose

all you do is reel off what you need to your water source

both are over 4 years old and no problems

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Lee Stockwell said:
You may regret the day you made me get a Photobucket account, and get my wife to help me upload pictures...lol

keepem coming.....

i know you got lots of good ideas....i just need visual to get it most times...

Name
Nate W.
Lee Stockwell said:
Just use a 3/4" garden hose type quick couple instead of a swivel at that point. It won't be turning under pressure. Easy to use, easy to replace.

You can see my pumpout/filter box in the pic to the left. I get what you mean about it not turning under pressure, but I wanted to have it hooked up all the time. Just pull-n-go.
I think I may go with Jim Martin's suggestion. Nothing will be done till I get back from China anyways. Gives me time to think about it.

Thanks again guys...

Chads

Supportive Member
Here is mine, works great so much better than rolling into a coil.
bfebb5c9.jpg

95c91252.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom