Mikey's Fest 2015 announcment

Mikey P

Administrator
Looks like the Big MF Show will be in Clearwater Beach, Florida on April 27 through 29th

Yes that's the same time and place of the the winter Experience show.

I've wanted to do an east coast show for a while now so this will be the perfect opportunity to have a gracious host, a very nice hotel/convention center on the sand, lots of vendors, more classes and more toys to test and examine and free beer.

and of course I'm working on bring back the dynamic team from Aptos of Yeadon, Appleby, King and Saiger to further pontificate on their areas of pure genius.

As well as some other very cool (Adam Hale, Dave and Michelle Gill, Meg Burdick) and very exciting new presentations

Who's in?

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I'm in but wondering why on a Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday. And while I'm complaining why not February again when it's cold most other places so we can get out of it for a few days and head to warmer weather? There I'm done bitchin and I will be there. :biggrin:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Allegiant flies direct from DSM to Orlando! I'll probably bring Mel and the boys, maybe jump on a cruise ship for a couple days?!?!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm in but wondering why on a Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday. And while I'm complaining why not February again when it's cold most other places so we can get out of it for a few days and head to warmer weather? There I'm done bitchin and I will be there. :biggrin:

I hear ya..

February is my preference too.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Lived in Tampa from 2003-2006. Fun place to visit, weird place to live.

I'm prolly in.

Reactions: Mikey P
J

JS41035

Doing the Disney thing with the kiddos in 3 weeks. I'll probably be living in a cardboard box after that. Really hope you do another MF in Aptos. California made Florida look like a litter box.

Reactions: John Olson

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Just don't step on the Moonies on the beach:

Decades ago, L. Ron Hubbard moved his Cult of Scientology into Clearwater, Florida. The plan, entitled, Project Normandy, was to take over Clearwater. Documentation of this comprehensive operation – which included plans to infiltrate government and media organizations, and to identify and “handle” enemies – was discovered in a 1977 FBI raid of Scientology headquarters.

Despite the discovery of Project Normandy, the cult has achieved notable success in carrying out this project. The cult has come to own a very generous proportion of the city, with the total value of owned property estimated at $40 million in 2000. Given the cult’s ambition to continue to expansion in Clearwater, I would be interested in knowing how much land they control now, 8 years later. Some have come to call Clearwater Scientology’s town.
downtown-clearwater-townhouse-aerial-image2.jpg

An occupation in progress… In this image you can see Scientology’s Fort Harrison Hotel (where at least 3 mysterious Scientologist deaths took place, most notably that of Lisa McPherson). The large building across from the Fort Harrison is Scientology’s nearly-complete Super Power Building. The Sandcastle is also the property of Scientology. Hopefully their next acquisition will not be the library…

Not only is the cult exerting control over much of the land, as of 2000 they also seemed to be exerting a fair bit of sway with the Clearwater police. In the video below produced by Mark Bunker (also known as Wise Beard Man), we see how the city’s police force (or, at minimum, a proportion of its officers) seem to have established a rather cozy relationship with the ambitious local cult. The relationship became so suspiciously cozy that numerous government and media figures and commentators, including former Clearwater mayor Gabe Cazares, stated that the Clearwater police force was moving dangerously close to becoming Scientology’s private security force. IDA: THE TOWN SCIENTOLOGY BOUGHT

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The event is out on Clearwater Beach. You could fly into Tampa, rent a car and drive to the beach and only spend 5 minutes in Clearwater as you were driving through. Could also take the next bridge south and miss Clearwater altogether should you choose to.

Mikey P

Administrator
I cleaned a Scientology Reading Room once.

They had a gadget in the back room that allowed you to call Mars and speak to their leader Jimmy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom