Myth Debunked

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I did a tile job not long ago. Hooked my inline heater from the Edic into the line after my Butler hx on the TM and Wow that dude was steaming. I'd like to know how hot it actually got : )

Willy P

Name
Willy P
That's my son. He's been coming out with me since he was just a little guy. Like that HEAT Richard? I swapped out the 190 thermostat for a 220. The Perfect Heat system is pretty good.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Show me a video where you maintain that heat for an entire room of continuous cleaning and I'll believe it! :biggrin:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Show me a video where you maintain that heat for an entire room of continuous cleaning and I'll believe it! :biggrin:
If you watch the video it's pretty clear the heat lasted the entire 20 foot section of the carpet. By the time the dry strokes were finished it was roaring hot again. It's electric, so I'm well aware of some limitations. And if I stuck that 3250 watt heater in line ......

Don't really care too much about who believes what, it works really well.

Name
Nate W.
Willy, I commend you on getting heat with electricity..... I too was raised on portables and those electric WorkMasters TM.... But I've always use a #3 little giant with either setup.... The electric heaters in the unit are POS.... The most cords I ran was 5.... 2 for the machine, 1 for the Mytee hotbox, 1 for a vac booster and 1 for the RV360i.... I'm a seasoned pro at finding/knowing what are separate circuits... The electric heat just wouldn't keep up with my style of cleaning....

I thought my LG#3 was getting pretty hot, until I got a lie detector/inline thermometer.... It showed me all I needed all I needed to know....

I was just browsing around and came across these... http://www.ebay.com/itm/331512758088?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I currently use the JB inline temp gauge, but I liked how Mike Draper has them fixed mounted on all his tools... Most guys are skeptical to say the least, shut them up by showing proof..... :rockon:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Willy, I commend you on getting heat with electricity..... I too was raised on portables and those electric WorkMasters TM.... But I've always use a #3 little giant with either setup.... The electric heaters in the unit are POS.... The most cords I ran was 5.... 2 for the machine, 1 for the Mytee hotbox, 1 for a vac booster and 1 for the RV360i.... I'm a seasoned pro at finding/knowing what are separate circuits... The electric heat just wouldn't keep up with my style of cleaning....

I thought my LG#3 was getting pretty hot, until I got a lie detector/inline thermometer.... It showed me all I needed all I needed to know....

I was just browsing around and came across these... http://www.ebay.com/itm/331512758088?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I currently use the JB inline temp gauge, but I liked how Mike Draper has them fixed mounted on all his tools... Most guys are skeptical to say the least, shut them up by showing proof..... :rockon:

Got a pic of how its installed?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'd love to take credit however the only thing I did was swap out a thermostat. I really had my doubts about the heating system, but I got the machine for $600 so I took a shot. The original parts, like the vac motors, pump, unloader, pump motor, etc. all had to be replaced, plus a 3rd cord added because one plug was drawing too many amps. I threw a fan in the motor cavity to cool things down after cooking the second pump. I gotta say Cat seems to have improved the 1XP because when I key the wand it doesn't drop more than 10 or 20 PSI. I did a high up office with a 5 gallon water heater to service the whole floor but lots of electricity. I daisy chained the kleenrite heater in line and the water was pretty toasty. I like the powr flyte , but I'd also like to see the perfect heat on other units. I was using twice as many watts (1700 pf or 3250 with the kleenrite) and I get the same or better heat and way faster recovery.

Next up, series vs parallel.......

Reactions: SCC and Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Nice HEAT, how many power cords and what size jets are you using. Ps. you gotta try my porty before you talk about series or parallel

Willy P

Name
Willy P
3 cords Ron, 1101.5 jets. Yes, I would like to try that beast out. Sorry, I wasn't being rude the other day at Planet Clean, but I had my employee on the clock. I see your Mastermatic on cl. That's a good buy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Way back in the day we owned a WorkMaster unit built by Steam Services. It was mounted in the truck but could be slide out for above ground level work. We would park it near the janitors closet hook it inline with a propane heater and we had a nice little setup that beat the bucket brigade.

See I used to be a hack too but I aspired to be more! :winky:

Lamb blowers provided extra CFM and the sutorbuilt the lift. It worked great as long as you don't mind electric cords. :cool:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Workmaster actually worked great for us for years. We bought during the energy crisis in the early 80's and used it in a van. Heavy cords and popping circuits made it a real pain to use residential but it did well commercially. You side it out onto those wheels and rolled it into the building. The majority of the years we owned it we used as an inplant rug machine.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'd love to see your heater working. We should get together some time and compare notes. Was it 1 cord for the machine and 2 for the heater or the other way around?

Name
jack zerkie
I have the EDIC 500psi with 2-3stage vacs and the outside heating unit works okey but the whole unit is not balanced and will not go up stairs as easy as other portables. I.m thinking of selling it to get something that is better balanced to get up stairs. The heater on the outside is a good idea, but moving the unit is to difficult. jz.

rick imby

Name
Rick
So you are using the powerflite heater and the perfect heat extractor?

I am confused as to what you are using---Pics?

How big is the heat chamber in your electric heater?

I read that the Mytee and some other heater have much bigger chambers which is an advantage if you let them heat up while you are setting up. but they don't heat up as fast on short breaks.

Name
jack zerkie
So you are using the powerflite heater and the perfect heat extractor?

I am confused as to what you are using---Pics?

How big is the heat chamber in your electric heater?

I read that the Mytee and some other heater have much bigger chambers which is an advantage if you let them heat up while you are setting up. but they don't heat up as fast on short breaks.
No the EDIC is not made by powerflite. The EDIC heater is a small separate unit outside of the extracter. Check their site for more info. The units are very good just hard to move up stairs. jz.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Jack, I was asking Wild Willy what he was using. Sorry for the confusion. As out of balance as you seem to be I find it amusing you are complaining about the Edic not being balanced. I do understand as I have trouble enough getting just me up the stairs never mind an unbalanced operator and unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom