Prochem vs Magic Wand

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've been waiting for my rental move out season to start so I cold sample two products side by side. Here are the two products.
image.jpg

I tested the side by side on a job today and they both did very well. I couldn't tell much difference between the two.

image.jpg
image.jpg
So, I could go with either product and be fine, performance wise. The problem was in the packaging.

The Prochem product was liquid and the recommended mix was 16 oz per gallon. The Magic Wand product was powder and mixed at 1 oz per gallon.
Now which would YOU buy?
I don't understand why some mfgs don't consentrate their products more?

Reactions: Art Kelley

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not certain on the Prochem product. I won it at auction.

The Magic Wand product is packaged in a 30 lb. pail that I paid $206 for. 30 lbs is 480 ozs. So it's 43 cents per ounce or 43 cents per RTU gallon.

I'll have to look up the Prochem product.

Ok, looked it up at Jon-Don. Price per gallon, including shipping, is going to be right around $21 per gallon. $21/128 = 16 cents per oz. 16 ozs per gallon would be $2.56 per ready to use gallon.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
At $2.56 per RTU gallon, the Prochem product should get the rotary off the van for me and scrub it itself.

Not sure about your question though. I haven't used the Prochem without scrubbing yet. I HAVE used Grease Eater on several jobs without scrubbing and it does quite well.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I've always scrubbed pre-spray regardless of the machine being used.
I guess it's like vacuuming.
1st thing you learn to do but don't do it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That is one thing I don't track, but I'd say X of a gallon. Oops, I'm editing that answer because I forget sometimes that my Multi-Sprayer jug us 2 gallons. So, about a gallon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No scrub porty cleaned. I would have scrubbed it, but I pulled the scrubber off for some reason.
Ultrachem Clean, peroxide and procyon rinse. None of the above. I love dirty ones.

015_zpsaxhm32fb.jpg

014_zpsvw8cd1xu.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom