Prochem vs Magic Wand

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
[QUOTE="hogjowl, post: 4355260, member: 40877=
The Magic Wand product is packaged in a 30 lb. pail that I paid $206 for. 30 lbs is 480 ozs. So it's 43 cents per ounce or 43 cents per RTU gallon.
.[/QUOTE]
It's probably better than that. If a gallon jug of the powder weighs 6# then it costs 41.20/jug and 32 cents per RTU gallon.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've talked to suppliers about this issue over the years and they always say that they TRY to concentrate their products but carpet cleaners won't buy them. Insinuating that we are too stupid to do the math and that we always think a higher mix ratio means a better product. That may be true of many cleaners. I can see how TCS in Atlanta may have trouble selling concentrated chemicals in the apartment hack market of theirs. I just get insulted whenever I see this tactic being used, and wanted to vent.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Marty to compare apples to apples you need to use Powerstrike not heavy artillery. Heavy Artillery is a kick butt product but costly. Comparing a liquid against a powder price wise isn't fair to either product. When you call and order your 2 jet swivel head PMF stair tool and glide I will send you at no charge a jar of Powerstrike and compare the two.

Name
Nate W.

Powerstrike is a good cleaner, but don't use it in a Retirement home.... I did and that stuff has a strong chemical smell to it.... I still want to try Flex w/citrus but no one stocks it locally... I can get it shipped from another island if they have it in stock.... I wonder how bad the smell is...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

I won some powerstrike on here a while back. Works very well, has some pretty bad ingredients in it, but so do most high power pre sprays.

Tried the Heavy Artillery and it also worked well.

Liquids just seem to take up too much space, cases laying around just for a months worth of work. A 45 pound tub(of powder) seems to last forever!

Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
I won some powerstrike on here a while back. Works very well, has some pretty bad ingredients in it, but so do most high power pre sprays.

Tried the Heavy Artillery and it also worked well.

Liquids just seem to take up too much space, cases laying around just for a months worth of work. A 45 pound tub(of powder) seems to last forever!
And your RTU price is always much lower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom