the CX15 in action

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Mike,
I can see the points that guys are bringing up about this tool, but the complaints about not getting into corners and such is kinda a mute point...I don't think a rx can get in corners,or any round housing tool for that matter.
I do see if I were to use this tool and approached a corner maybe tilting the tool and giving a quick trigger pull would put enough solution down to be able to extract the corner out, without changing tool. I see tile guys on there videos kinda doing the same with there spinners in corners.
Also in was pointed out that maybe the wrong jets were used on the demo carpet.
If the jets spacing is wrong maybe they could add another jet to each side of the spray bar one in middle one at the end. This would of course need to be able to be extracted back out not over wetting the carpet.
I do agree that more testing should be done, but at the same time if we use it and talk about what could be done to improve it maybe that would be done and it would turn out to be a better tool.
But dang a lot of folks just want to jump in a bash from the get. It is not just in our industry even though we seem to take it that way. How long have cars been made and yet we now have cars catching on fire due to faulty starter and wiring, it is the same everywhere, we just can't seem to get things right the first go round.
I think for the most part the cleaning industry has a better track record of fixing these thing compared to other big manufacturing companies. The truth is all of the rotary tools when you look at them in whole are pretty dang complex and really are kinda taken for granted that it was so easy to figure them out.
I personally would like to see this tool work out as with any if it will help us work better,easier and make our customers happy. We are lucky these manufactures even take the time to invest in things to at least try. They could say screw it let them just go back and clean with a wand and porty they still have to buy that from us anyway.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Man, in the video above, that carpet is HELLA dirty. I think even a wand would not have had a very good first cleaning pass either,and 2 or 3rd would have need to be done, and this was the very first time the guy picked up the tool to a gave it a try.
What would be the results after a hour or two of actual use

Reactions: J Scott W
Name
BradFenstermaker
Impressive. I forgot to ask at the demo area.

Do the jets have check balls for the ole post drip?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Impressive. I forgot to ask at the demo area.

Do the jets have check balls for the ole post drip?

Nice meeting you brad first off, and to your question from my quick glance they do not have normal check valve but could possibly have the spray jet system screen check valve that screw into the jet internally.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Personally, I think the thing looks awesome and if it's totally usable in residential situations and does a good job and is much easier to operate and maneuver the zipper in residential homes then I would love to try it out.

For my technician and myself we were looking for something that could be pushed like the zipper and does a great job cleaning as well as drying yet easy to maneuver in residential homes as that's basically all we do.

He's only been with us for 3 years and already is at the chiropractor and massage therapist with issues. He doesn't want to leave and we don't want to lose him so I need a tool that he wouldn't have to do that Wanding/twisting motion.

So I must say I am interested and look forward to hearing reviews, or if we can do a test run on it I will be happy to give an honest review myself

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
This tool is definitely not easier to use in a residential setting then a zipper. It will only clean on the back stroke. In residential for ease of use I'd use a 360i, light weight but still really digs.

Reactions: Russ T. and SamIam

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the main impressive thing about this tool was that it cleaned and cleaned well.

to clean well it took a slow pass and i mean slow. but on the same carpet if you took any wand and went even slower it would not come clean.

it does NOT rival a rotary extractor as i have seen others mention, as it lacks any kind of mechanical agitation, but the spinning action while cleaning appears to flush very well.

it has a zig zag slot type glide that the air flows thru very well and does something different that leaves the carpet drier than any of the wands we had at the demo area to test including the titanium wand from prochem.

i wouldn't even go as far as to call it a production tool like a zipper, as normal operation will be slow.

it should and probably will shine on restaurant entrys and walk offs and mat(rubber) flooring.

and again as mentioned above the tool is drag style so only cleaning while pulling back.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
How level does the floor have to be to be able to break out that contraption?

We cleaned successfully with it on a uneven asphalt surface, without any pad . . .

So yes, I would say it should handle floors . . .

Also, at 20#, it is easy to manhandle or lift if necessary . . .

At one of the inside demos, they were making forward drying passes.

Larry

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
We cleaned successfully with it on a uneven asphalt surface, without any pad . . .

So yes, I would say it should handle floors . . .

Also, at 20#, it is easy to manhandle or lift if necessary . . .

At one of the inside demos, they were making forward drying passes.

Larry

I should have said "uneven", as opposed to "level" with having such a wide head.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why not adding another vac slot on the back?

Front and back?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
To bad you can't put a ring glide on a tile spinner to make it float across the carpet. I don't have one so I don't know how the vacuum is channeled inside a spinner. I have a tile wand, spinner didn't work to good with my legend..but that that was probably my fault.
I think the tile spinner sucks to hard to carpet yes?
I could see a nice hole glide that would fit to the bottom of a spinner working real good myself, change out the spray bar for resi carpet and you would have a full vacuum slot front back sideways forward.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The problem with a circular glide . . .

would be impossible to move with full vacuum.

The residential jet system sprays right up the edge of the tool.

The cleaning modifications we are planning, should also get the cleaning closer to the edge.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Scott where do you see this tool best utilized? Commercial? Residential? As a specialty or as a primary tool?

Can you move faster with it on lighter soiled carpet or is part of the slow movement for extraction purposes also?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
That concept was tried in testing, in fact several variations. But the front vac slot left the carpet so much drier, we decided to stay with that advantage.
Wouldn't a vac slot front and back infringe on a certain patent?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
The problem with a circular glide . . .

would be impossible to move with full vacuum.

The residential jet system sprays right up the edge of the tool.

The cleaning modifications we are planning, should also get the cleaning closer to the edge.

Larry
Man I think a hole glide would slide like it was on butter

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
That concept was tried in testing, in fact several variations. But the front vac slot left the carpet so much drier, we decided to stay with that advantage.
I think when you pull this tool back the back vac slot would loose its seal some causing not so good recovery, with the one in the front DUE to the glide should have very good recovery as the tool tips more to the front as it is being drawn back to you.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Scott where do you see this tool best utilized? Commercial? Residential? As a specialty or as a primary tool?

Can you move faster with it on lighter soiled carpet or is part of the slow movement for extraction purposes also?

Flushing heavily soiled commercial carpet. would be the first place. The CX-15 tends to reduce the chance of wicking since so much flushing action getting into the pile from all angles.

Large open commercial space also goes fairly fast with just one pass and easier on the back and shoulders than a wand and some RE tools.

It can be used faster on lighter soiled carpet, about as fast as one can walk it backwards.

I hear good reports from some who used it on residential carpet, but I have not personally used it on residential, yet. So, I will withhold comment on residential applications.

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
I like it. The combination of light weight, aggressive jet action and recovery, quick maneuvering (quicker than rotary extractor) and wide stance makes this tool a little different. I see it as the quick and effective tool for commercial work. Especially restaurants, vacant office and housing.

Lockhart, I don't think at this point it would be fair to say that in order for it to clean well you must take a really slow pass. Yes on that hell carpet we had at The Mikey Demo Show and Beer Garden you had to pull real slow. But then all the rotary extractors needed multiple passes as well. And if I had to clean a large area of that carpet with a regular floor wand... jeez, forget it. Nobody would pay my price. Also, the narrow angle on those spinning jets can deliver some pretty serious agitation.

I would think under average soiling conditions you could fly using the CX-15 with the right equipment.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Yes , we are bringing in several CX-15's after the demo's in Las Vegas.

We have some additional parts to try on our demo CX-15 .

And . . . no, you can't borrow the demo for a short six-month trial like you did with the T-Rex.

Larry

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom