the CX15 in action

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mike;

I think you'll be quite impressed with "real world" drying times.

It left the carpet the cleanest & driest in Vegas.

Larry

Kipp

Name
kip
I see it having a place in the commercial world in large open areas...on residential I'll take a 12 plus flow wand over that anyday

J

JS41035

A couple years ago I cleaned some trashed carpet that I was told were going to be replaced. We pre scrubbed with a 175. Used enzall. It was cleaning up decent but I decided to try the turbo hybrid on it. Same psi,same chems , same heat. It cleaned amazing. I only did a small spot with it. And nothing I did could get the rest of the carpet as clean as that spot. Scrubbing. Setting on it with an rx. Nothing. In fact they ended up keeping that cruddy carpet after we cleaned it. 2 years later and the spot we cleaned with the hybrid is visible. But so are the rings.
There is some magic in a spinner. And I am so glad they thought outside of the box with the cx15.
That being said I would like to know what they did with jet/size or angle to tone that down.
I do honestly think it will out clean a rotary in SOME situations. But just like with anything you gotta be careful.

Reactions: J Scott W

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the problem I see is the jet placement.....it makes no since to have them that far out at the end...half the water coming out is just slamming the side of the tool and not really doing much good....might be some of the reason why it cuts the circles like it did.............
try putting them about 2/3rds up from the center....and then get a jet with a wider fan pattern.....better water displacement.......pressure will still spin the bar around

Reactions: TConway

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
the problem I see is the jet placement.....it makes no since to have them that far out at the end...half the water coming out is just slamming the side of the tool and not really doing much good....might be some of the reason why it cuts the circles like it did.............
try putting them about 2/3rds up from the center....and then get a jet with a wider fan pattern.....better water displacement.......pressure will still spin the bar around

The included residential spray bar has wider jets closer to the center.

We have some unique different jets,

we are going to test on the commercial spray bar.

Larry

Franklin

Name
Frank Davis
I think they rushed something that might have potential. Have to ask who were the test dummies that said ya this is ready? don't get me wrong i like toys but For the time and effort it will take do complete a job , heck Ill stick with 500-600psi 12 flow wanding and not look back and if I need more then a Zipper or TRex will suffice

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think it will be slow to a wand, I also don't think it will be the best in a furnished home and I only say this because any rotary can put you back into a corner if your not paying attention and only going backwards seems a little hard. In trashed empties with no power I know it will be better than a grandi groomer any day. In commercial if it cleans at the pace and results I have seen not having extra cord to drag, locate a place to plug into looks good! I hate cords.
Also it is going to take a little getting use to it will more than likely feel really odd at first, kinda like the first time you grabbed a handful of buffer throttle.
Until we hear from some guys that use it we won't really know, it is really just............ I can't say cause I don't know.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The included residential spray bar has wider jets closer to the center.

We have some unique different jets,

we are going to test on the commercial spray bar.

Larry

I know the residential spray bar has different jets..wider fan pattern... set at a different angle....but from what I seen attached to the tool.....they were still mounted way on the end......
The set that was on the tool at the show that everyone was dragging across residential carpets was the commercial jets....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
don't get me wrong i like toys but For the time and effort it will take do complete a job , heck Ill stick with 500-600psi 12 flow wanding and not look back and if I need more then a Zipper or TRex will suffice
You own both a Zipper and a T-Rex?
If you already own both of those, I agree why would you need a third tool.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Larry,

How was the speed and water consumption with it compared to the Ti wand and both of mine have what jets it came with 3501 are the two inner and other 4 are 1008 but I might be wrong my eyes are shot with looking at small numbers.

Reactions: Mikey P

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry,

How was the speed and water consumption with it compared to the Ti wand and both of mine have what jets it came with 3501 are the two inner and other 4 are 1008 but I might be wrong my eyes are shot with looking at small numbers.

From an earlier thread, Jim Martin measured the water flow at:
RV 360 - 1.5 GPM
Hoss - - 1.4 GPM
RX-20 - 1.0 GPM
CX-15 - 1.0 GPM

Ti wand is considerably more GPM (~2.5 GPM w/6 #2 JETS)

None of the wands we tried with prespray, cleaned as quickly as the CX-15.

Larry

Reactions: Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Thought you might like to read some comments from Gordon Hanks. He played a major role in bringing this new tool to the industry.

I read a post yesterday concerning the CX-15 and since it is affectionately my creation (with the help of some very talented engineers that work at Hydro-Force and include the original inventors of the hard surface rotatory sprayers like the Turbo, and the SX-15 as well as the Zinger) I thought I might be able to answer some of the questions.

Obviously I am biased but in this case I will try to be completely honest. :smile: The video at the beginning of the post was shot on real carpet jobs with real soil. The brownish beige carpet was one of the jobs I helped with. It was shot at Roma's Italian restaurant in Salt Lake City Utah. The truckmount was a Prochem Everest set at 900 PSI. Normal commercial setting for the CX-15 is set at 600 to 800 PSI. The technician thought this was extra dirty so he thought he would give it an extra kick. When we had previously cleaned this same restaurant with an earlier prototype, we ran at 800 PSI and it performed equally as well. The CX-15 had the commercial bar on it which has two 1502 jets. The commercial bar has a 30 degree angle to the carpet. Note that the bar on the hard surface SX-15 runs with a 22 degree angle. In addition there is an outward kick angle of 7.5% moving the spray closer to the edge.

There is no kick angle on the residential bar which is somewhat shorter, set at a 40 degree angle to the carpet and fitted with 11002 jets. These create an almost baby soft spray that reaches close to the edge and is very gentle (yet amazingly effective) for residential carpet. The residential bar is designed to run at 400 – 600 PSI.

The CX-15 concept spent years in development. We worked for a year trying many different configurations of jets and angles to get the best combinations for commercial and residential. However, there is nothing wrong with trying other jet types or configurations for the tinkerers in the group as long as you do not do damage to the carpet. The current configurations of the spinning bars are designed to maximize the rpms of the bar while keeping within the swivel’s maximum RPM.

Back to Roma's restaurant. It is cleaned every six months. In fact six months prior to the release of the CX-15 tool we used our prototype on this very restaurant with the same amazing results. In my opinion they let it get too dirty between cleanings but I just work here. In the past, this carpet has been regularly cleaned by two technicians using a glided Prochem titanium wand running at 500 PSI and very hot temperatures. This restaurant took 3.5 hours on all previous cleanings. With me as the second technician (basically the hose handler) – you will see my good looking legs in the video – we did the complete job in just under two hours with the CX-15. This including moving a bunch of tables. Yes, the technician did have to go through a learning curve with the CX-15 before he could move that fast, but the CX-15 saved a lot of time on the job.

Why so much faster? Once over is all that was needed. Going over the carpet a second time gave no visible improvement. No vacuum stroke was needed. This carpet had the type of low pile where we could have pushed the tool forward with the vacuum glide on the carpet to effect a vacuum stroke but the carpet was nearly dry after the first cleaning stroke so that was not necessary. In fact the first half of the restaurant we cleaned first was bone dry when we left. This was because the truckmount had great suction, and the tool maximizes air flow and water extraction via the glide and head design. It also contains all the steam within the head so the air is not saturated with moisture which slows drying.

We presprayed with the label suggested dilution of Bridgepoint Flex Powder with Citrus Solv. On their previous cleanings they presprayed with the Flex then ran over it with the Brush Pro CRB machine to get extra agitation before wanding it. The Brush Pro was not necessary when using the CX-15. Since the agitation came from the CX-15 and not an extra step, that also saved a lot of time.

At my age and fitness level I can run a wand for about 30 minutes before I have to go to bed and rest. I ran the CX-15 on about half of this restaurant and went home with no aches or pains. It is almost effortless.

PS: We didn’t find it necessary to do any edging. That is not to say that on some jobs it may be necessary but we found that tilting the tool up slightly into the corners and at the wall that we got enough moisture to clean the light soil that was there. The CX-15 vacuums right up to the front and side edges.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hey Scott,

"With me as the second technician (basically the hose handler) – you will see my good looking legs in the video"

Could you post a link to the video please.

I posted this on the Oz forum & people are asking about the video, or they want to see your legs, I don't know which. :icon_redface:

Ta,

:yoda:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I've read this thread 57 times - can't seem to get out. Every time I try to go to lunch I seem to find myself back here. Help!

Reactions: J Scott W
Back
Top Bottom