'00 Vortex 777 retrofit with 7000 digital diverter

Jason

Hi guys,

Do you ever intentionally break your system down mid-week in order to make an improvement and then murphy's law comes into play........... ?

The proverbial "three hour tour" !!

Well, yesterday switching 2000 Vortex 777 diverter out and changing to the more modern digital one from the Vortex 7000, and my mechanic cannot get the temperature on the digital to read. It says it's in the 70s, 80s, when we can barely touch it. If it was celsius it would make more sense, though it doesn't move... can't get it to go to 100.

Just wondered if anybody know anything that could help.

The electric shop that I'm at has a thermocouple guy coming in here soon...

Anybody can call mechanic doug at 815-821-2178.

I'm Jason Lostetter, 608-558-8925.

Thanks for all the answers guys!

Best of luck today :!:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
spoke to doug the mechanic and from what information he has given me i have come to the understanding that he is not running heating oil and does not have an oil pump on the truck. the truck has been modified and is using an aerotech type exhaust/water exchanger that is plumbed from the diverter up into the box of the truck thruogh the exchanger and back down and exhausted out of the truck. doug will be sending pics so i can confirm set up and better determine best water flow direction.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
his setup looks good, he has sent me many pics of the unit. .

truck condition is very good with what looks like a new paint job. it also appears to have an original but modified by extended vac hose reel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom