03-06 Chevy/GMC Owners....Read This

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
If you own a 2500-3500 Chevy Express or GMC, 03-06, and you are experiencing a clunking sound when you turn the wheel, you may have a fractured idler arm frame bracket. I found mine last week. It is covered by a Tech Service Bulletin. 10 years or 120,000 miles. Dealer will repair. This isn't a recall, it's only remedied if YOU go in and ask about it. It can break completely off, thus causing a few steering problems, like losing control!

Here's a site with the complete TSB and the VIN numbers affected.

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/11lpe-small-service-company-evening.html

I was a month late in reporting mine, and the bastard service manager says it too late! I'm not finished with them yet!! I only found it a month ago, and my in-service date is 6/23/03. Me and my family has bought dozens of cars from this big dealer, and he says NO? This week and next will get real exciting at the service bay.

Mine is still drivable, but I want it fixed! My van is in great shape, and has many miles to go. I ain't giving it up over some steering problem caused by the manufacturer.

Get under and check your's today. It's easy to see, mounted under the right side of the van, connecting the idler arm to the frame, via a frame bracket.

Dealer will cut it off, replace the bracket (by MIG welding the bracket) using a dealer supplied alignment tool, and put her back together. Only takes about 2 hours.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have an 03 chevy 3500 express that had a fuel filler neck? corrode and replaced.
Then about a year later got a notice from chevy saying they would reimburse for the DEFECTIVE part.

One day at the gas station I was fueling up and gas was running all over.
Had it replaced at an independent shop and was around $400.

Apparently it was a problem for my year.

Check into that too.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
If you own a 2500-3500 Chevy Express or GMC, 03-06, and you are experiencing a clunking sound when you turn the wheel, you may have a fractured idler arm frame bracket. I found mine last week. It is covered by a Tech Service Bulletin. 10 years or 120,000 miles. Dealer will repair. This isn't a recall, it's only remedied if YOU go in and ask about it. It can break completely off, thus causing a few steering problems, like losing control!

My 03 Express had that clunking sound and the front tires would wear down fast. I went to replace the tires last year and my mechanic said the Idler arm whatever had to be replaced, he couldn't believe I was driving around like that. Cost a ton of money. Fooking GM, typical they would have a secret recall.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have an 03 chevy 3500 express that had a fuel filler neck? corrode and replaced.
Then about a year later got a notice from chevy saying they would reimburse for the DEFECTIVE part.

One day at the gas station I was fueling up and gas was running all over.
Had it replaced at an independent shop and was around $400.

Apparently it was a problem for my year.

Check into that too.
My 03 Express has that clogged fuel filler neck. It takes me 20 minutes to fill up gas, It's been like that now for a few years. Sometimes angry white men want to kick my ass if they are waiting for me to move from the pump so they can pull in. I think they have other issues. I will go to the dealer and see if they will replace it for free. They'll probably laugh in my face.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My 03 Express has that clogged fuel filler neck. It takes me 20 minutes to fill up gas, It's been like that now for a few years. Sometimes angry white men want to kick my ass if they are waiting for me to move from the pump so they can pull in. I think they have other issues. I will go to the dealer and see if they will replace it for free. They'll probably laugh in my face.

Art...my filler neck isn't clogged, but it takes 10 minutes to fill if empty. I can only go to certain gas pumps that have the old, slow filler nozzle. They keep upgrading the gas pump nozzles to the super fast pumpers. The reduction of the filler tube at the fuel tap is the problem in my van.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
My son was 17 when he was driving my 92 Furd cargo van (no machine in it) to a gig with his band. The steering box ripped off the frame and an exciting time was had by all! Luckily he races stock cars with me and has experience handing out of control vehicles. He did not panic and made to the side of the road safely.

You have a pto with no fuel tap. My '02 Express has a plastic flexible tube that is inside the filler neck. When I replaced the fuel pump I kinked the inner tube when I reinstalled the gas tank. It was an easy fix, I just loosened the tank straps and realigned the filler neck inner tube. There is also a roll over flapper valve on mine that could be causing that problem if it is stuck.

Reactions: Art Kelley

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Here's a site with the complete TSB and the VIN numbers affected.

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/11lpe-small-service-company-evening.html

I was a month late in reporting mine, and the bastard service manager says it too late! I'm not finished with them yet!! I only found it a month ago, and my in-service date is 6/23/03. Me and my family has bought dozens of cars from this big dealer, and he says NO? This week and next will get real exciting at the service bay.

Mine is still drivable, but I want it fixed! My van is in great shape, and has many miles to go. I ain't giving it up over some steering problem caused by the manufacturer.

Get under and check your's today. It's easy to see, mounted under the right side of the van, connecting the idler arm to the frame, via a frame bracket.

Dealer will cut it off, replace the bracket (by MIG welding the bracket) using a dealer supplied alignment tool, and put her back together. Only takes about 2 hours.

Well, I raised a little hell with the dealership owner, and the service manager called me back with an invite to bring the van in. Thursday morning, it goes in, the dealer already has the part, and they will repair it under the special warranty.

Thank You, Jesus!....as my Wife often says.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Go to the dealership and raise he'll!

And tell them you a sir Richard Chavez owner or Chavez restoration! Put your hands in his face and say BOOM!

They will reimburse you every penny and say sorry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom