1 thing done = money

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Since this room is about making money, thought I'd share a quote from one of the marketing dynamos who built up Agora Publishing, MaryEllen Tribby:

"1 thing done equals money. 5 things half done equals no money."

In today's distracted, scatter-brained, electronic noose society - much of the "lack of success" that I see with small business owners comes down to the fact that they have LOTS of great ideas, and little or no directed implementation. They are busy, busy, busy all day long... but not on the things that are most important to their company.

They tend to check email first thing in the day, and that starts them off on OTHER people's agendas, and they can end up the day feeling exhausted, and yet nothing really to show for it.

So... if any readers feel that this in any way at all describes their life right now - then here's a video post on "flexing your focus muscle" that I think you'll find value in, by one of the people I know who gets a lot "done" - Dean Jackson, a great entrepreneur in the real estate niche. This presentation of his is a great formula for getting more focused.

http://www.richcleaner.com/blog/2009/08 ... n-develop/

Making more money boils down to getting the right things done. It's not a mystery, and it's not complicated.

Most people I know who complain endlessly about money would be wealthy if they took the energy they put into complaining and redirected it into actually accomplishing tasks. But alas, suffering is usually the last thing some will let go of.

So there you go - no pitch, just a post. =) I hope those who actually watch it find value in it.

Merry Christmas - and I hope 2011 is your best year ever.

Lisa

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I had a Regional Operations Manager working for me when I was with a national company. He used to give me these spreadsheets with increased sales and all function data etc etc. Then I would pull up the receivables and I explain to him, "it doesn't count until the money is in the bank"

Alot guys work so hard(I get behind on my collections) they don't collect the money owed them.

I started putting all my receivables on the dry erase board near my desk as a daily reminder. What use to be aggravating is now fun watching the list go from 25-15-13 etc etc.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Another reason I like Service Monster...all your unpaid invoices are in your face ever day.
God knows people would be getting free work all the time if I left it up to my memory.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
same thing with my invoicing system but it is much more motivating when it is in big numbers on the wall and everyone can see

Back
Top Bottom