#1 Way to get more customers

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Well George, you have to do the work and implement the strategies too. His way is not the only way but it does work. If you can't relate to him find someone else that you can relate to and have them teach you. It's a lot cheaper then doing nothing or trying to learn it on your own.

steve_64

[h=2]#1 Way to get more customers[/h]
ask for the work.

whether its verbal or written, whether its online or in print or from knocking on a door you have to reach potential customers and ask for the job.

the more you ask the more work you find.

Reactions: Willy P

Chris A

Name
Chris
Howards a systems guy, he's all about consistency and taking action. It's funny too cause I don't see any of their marketing stuff being earth shattering, yet he's the one with the 2 mil a year cleaning co not me lol. Just shows that you don't need the perfect postcard to succeed. I don't know anyone who signed up for his programs that didn't continue.

Reactions: kingjoelking

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those programs are for those that can't self motivate and are not creative enough to do their own thing. If you really don't have the time then maybe a program in a box might be a good place to start.

But you still have to do the work
! No program works by itself. You can only expect results if YOU do something. That's where the guru's come in the they keep you on track....for a fee. Not a bad thing if you're unable to keep yourself on track.

I would think for the kind of money that you'd pay, you could invest in a local ad agency and get better results.

Reactions: steve_64 and FB7777
The problem is Howard got in the game a loooing time ago. Less competition, loyal customers. You can't have them. You will not reach them. There aren't as many to go around and there will be fewer tomorrow, yet more CCers trying to get this shrinking market. Stupid plan. Now these guys cash in on giving you old BS stories.
When Howard started, 75+% of upper middle class and wealthy homes had wall-to-wall. Today, only 25% do. If you think you can make a living doing wall-to-wall residential, good luck.
The party was over more than a decade ago. Howard, Joe, Rob and all the other "gurus" make my skin crawl. There are no secrets. The only thing that will help you is diversify, and sell at things like home improvement shows.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chris A

Name
Chris
I would think the Stanley's, Coits, Hagopians , and countless other thousands of successful cleaning companies who's bread and butter is residential wall to wall would disagree with you

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I just wish someone would show me what he or any other provides?

Bought several business opportunities when i was younger and a couple BD franchises , just curious as much as anything.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I will tell you Shane BUT it will cost you 1k a month to do it. :p

Yea I'll call you not just once a month, I'll call you everyday and tell you what a fool...oops. What a friend you are for signing up with me.

I'll tell you get out there. Get going, market... market... market!

I'm concerned in how well you do (hell yea....I don't want this gravy train to stop), I want you to grow...grow...grow!

Please no hate mail or pajama lawyers! Any similarities to any guru plans are purely coincidental only and an accident please do not hold the Doc responsible. :winky:

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

Yea I'll call you not just once a month, I'll call you everyday and tell you what a fool...oops. What a friend you are for signing up with me.

I'm concerned in how well you do (hell yea....I don't want this gravy train to stop), I want you to grow...grow...grow!

Please no hate mail or pajama lawyers! Any similarities to any guru plans are purely coincidental only and an accident please do not hold the Doc responsible. :winky:

I think you are partly right, spending the money motivates people.
If you posted the exact same content here for free people wouldn't respect it.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Well now that my old boss sold his company after 30 years, I can shed a little more light as we were a big Howard system's user. With Howard you get a really nice policies and procedures manual, a referral marketing system, as Chris said it is a bunch of systems. Systems how to increase upsales, market to your current client list, thanks yous, consistent image and product, etc. They can and still do work in today's market, the issue is no one fully implements them, has the desire to so, or just wanted to cherry pick parts of his systems and make them their own. For some that latter works, and for many it totally fails because they're looking for a silver bullet. His 'stuff' has it's place but the buyer should and needs to be in a certain position, or have be a newbie and set everything up right from the get-go.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

That sounds good Prairie man!

What will it cost to join your inner circle?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Anybody managed to get out yet?

Sorry, yea, I forgot about Mardie. But then you banned him. Didn't ya?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd prefer to think he banned himself. But you're right, I enabled him and that probably didn't help him much. :redface:

He was entertaining I'll say that. However I believe he was warned several times in recent weeks.

I think he had worn thin on everyone since he was so negative and really add nothing to the place but unhealthy controversy. :icon_neutral:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I knew Gargan when he was working out of the trunk of his car. Now he has the money to waste on cold direct drive TM's. Howard did that for him.

David did it for himself, if you stopped taking naps every day and opened up your purse once in a while you could join him.

hogjowl

Idiot™
David did it for himself, if you stopped taking naps every day and opened up your purse once in a while you could join him.

Sure he did it for himself, but he will be the first to tell you he followed Howards suggestions (inner circle member) and is a follower of John Braun.

And I am thinking of marketing as I am napping.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
timthumb.php

Reactions: hogjowl
In my market, SS is nearly dead. We have ChemDry operating under 5 different names and covering about 500 sq miles. I can tell you when I do wall-to-wall in a newer house worth over $300k in this market, it might be downstairs in the den, that's it. I do screen and recoat in many older homes as the carpet gets pulled. Here in the northeast, wall-to-wall is low end. Shaw even says 70% of their carpet is commercial and it is a declining segment in their business, so those people may exist in places where home fashions are 20 years behind, but residential is declining.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom