.10 Check Value causes 45 days of mystery and around $500 in water removal/stink work

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Went for about the 3rd time today to fix a small area of one of my restaurant clients that had been having a problem with one of their service stations backing up. When the problem would happen they would call in the soft drink company and they would blow the drain line out, test the drain and everything would be fine. Then, within days usually they would have a back up and gunk, syrup etc would overflow and mess up the carpets and be sticky etc so they would call me in to fix it. This happened 3 times before the problem was found, a dime had gotten lodged in the drain from the soda machine and was acting just like a check value, it would swival and plug the drain line and back everything up then when they would come and blow the line out it would rotate and open and allow everything to drain then they would again test the drain and all would be ok, then 3-10 days later it would shut itself off again and cause the same problem all over. Gen.Manager (former meat cutter for me around 15 years ago) had to show me what the soda company finally discovered, we both had a good laugh.
photo-36.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom