12,000 sq feet in one place today.....

Name
Steve Lawrence
Yeah, Mark. We had a 6 month winter that kinda kicked our butts. March and April sucked (where was spring?) but we are humping now, too! Just remember, May showers bring June flowers--had to move that old saying up one month.

steve_64

I had a rut where I've been parking that had water in it everyday even when it didn't rain for a few days. The ground is just so saturated here it's crazy.
I've got ten ton of rock coming to make my parking area.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Jeff T
Winter was terrible up here as well. Now all the spring clients are calling. Got a pair of leather couches first thing, P/U 3 area rugs, 4 rooms, hall, stairs, then off to do a 4000 sqft move out. Tomorrow got a 2 separate apartment buildings to do.... all halls, common areas, and stairs. Saturday got a 3 level bank to do. I think I’m tired now....

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I would love to have 12k of carpets to clean today... glad ya guys are super busy now.

steve_64

The sun's finally out and the phone is ringing a lot. Of course they all want it now.
Looks like I'm working through the weekend again ughhh. Was hoping to get some work done here but guess I'm spreading rock at night.
1527094665250-1491490040.jpg

steve_64

Moved most of the 11 tons tonight after I got home at 7. I'm beat.

Got 3 jobs tommorow and gotta have the new construction done Friday so looking at 8 hours there then a job Friday night that might 4 it 5 hiyrs.

I don't know how I do it at 54 years young. Need a shower after this burger. Maybe the whiskey sours help more than I know.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

steve_64

That's where I was hoping to build a pole barn garage. I hate that carport but need to keep the weather off the vehicles. Might just build a nice roof over that area.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

steve_64

Might be cleaning this soon. 8400 sq ft of concrete floor and 14 ft walls. Doing entire inside including bathebath.
KIMG0845.jpg
KIMG0847.jpg
KIMG0849.jpg
KIMG0852.jpg
what should I charge?

Im thinking 4 to 5 grand.

KIMG0860.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

steve_64

Rent a skid steer or small mini x and be done with it. Doing it by hand often ends up separating the fines from the aggregate, then it doesn't compact as well and won't end up as solid. I used to have a small equipment company.
I got it done with a shovel. I had already put 5 ton down last year so this seems pretty good now but I did extend it some.
I want to take the bushes out and take it back to the property line all the way across the other side of the concrete too buri will need equipment to do that. I lost 5 lbs last night and I ate like a Marty.
KIMG0907.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom