12 flow

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
Just put my glide on my quad-jet wand. Also switched to 11003 jets with extenders from Grennie too. Haven't cleaned with this yet. Kind of skeptical using all that water? Don't have any vacuum mods done to my 405 yet, just the hole glide. Will I be leaving the carpets too wet with that kind of flow?

Mikey P

Administrator
I run 12.
I think if you run 2.5 off your Butler you'll be fine.
Just pick up the speed of your wand strokes a bit and drop your pressure 50 psi or so.

Let us know if you see and feel a difference.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I think i need to just test it out I guess. I think I'm going to stay with the stock 95015 till I beef up my vacuum system with the y and the 2.5 hoses. Or maybe go to 02?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Dave,

I also run a Wand set up like that and I used to run 7.5 on my Legend WITOUT any mods to the vacuum on wool carpets to boot. I now run 2.5 and I leave it way dryer.

I also run 10 flow on my genesis. I've been toying around with a Bayco/Kunkle on my Legend and upping it to 10 flow but at the end of the day, I'm pretty happy where I am at now.

My guess is to go straight to 10 flow and unleash some of that heat you have there. Do you living room and monitor dry times... no better way. Adjust your dry stroke if needed but I haven't had to change anything.

John

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Dave, I run 12 flow on my Ti wand with a holed glide and no modifications to my WM Pro1200, just 2" hose all the way, vac relief set at 15-16. There seemed to be no difference in dry times between .06 and .12, both very fast (1 to 3 hours). I think you will experience similar results, and increase your productivity as I did.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I think with more flow the less passes I will need on the traffic lanes to get them clean. Maybe I would use less water with more flow in some cases?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Dave;

I went to 12 flow before I did any vac mods to my maxx470. The difference in cleaning and drying times was much better. You will definitely want to mod your system though eventually to make it even better.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Dave I'm really interested to see how it goes for you. I am thinking of trying 10 flow - currently I run 06 and it looks/feels too light to me. The one thing I want to know is whether I will use more water as I only have a small waste tank with no apo. May have to get an apo... or a bigger tank.
John - did you find you were using more or less water after beefing up the jets?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Heath, we went from a 6 flow tit. to 12 and also a 10 Greenhorn. We now use LESS water in a comparable day. Before we were doing multiple wet strokes on traffic areas to get it clean, now just one slow pass or two faster ones. This was on a Everest 450 at 400PSI.

Now I will running an electric TM, but I am still going to be using a 10 flow Greenhorn wand. Maybe at 350 PSI though.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Are the jets angled more toward the glide???

that will be the biggest thing when not over wetting??

I run a 12 flow at 500-600 psi, and a 36 blower, I am good to go..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I donno about anyone else, be we sure use more water when we went from 06 to 09.
More kero too to keep the same heat ATM

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
what does the greenhorn wand look like, how is it differant? Someone send me a pic. Flow is good but dri times are important to customers.

jeg1983

Greenie actually sent me a wand all set up and I only have a 33 blower with a little giant 3ht and I have dry times of no more than 3 hours in the winter months. I was pretty dam surprised. It is only a 12" CMP with glide, jet extenders, 12 flow and angled manifold. I personally love it. But before this I was using a 2 jet AW29 I think its called with a 1 and a half inch tube and jets about 6" from the carpet. :( This new wand from Greenie is by far the best mod I have got so far, Then the LG Heater, Then the CRB Machine.

Jamie

Farenheit251

What is your cleaning style? I tried 15,10 and settled back to 7.5.
If you cllean residential w/ good dry strokes it shouldn't matter. But I do alot of high production work in vacants and don't need to waste time drystroking. To me once the prespray was gone more water didn't clean better. Sure it probably removed more but didn't look any better.

Greenie

"But I do alot of high production work in vacants and don't need to waste time drystroking" :shock:

Whoa! ssshhhh.... we got newbies here trying to learn, keep that production stuff quiet.

KBRENNY

I have ran 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.5 flow rates. I know I use more water at 12.5 but nowhere near double what I did at 6.

I have been doing a restaurant for a very long time and when I started doing it I was running 4 flow and always had more than enough with a 75 gal fresh water tank.

When I changed to 6 flow I just barely made it but always finished with 5 gal or so in the tank.

Then I went to 8 flow and always had at least a 12' x 20' area left when I ran out.

I switched to 12.5 just recently (5 #2.5s) and now have a 100 gal fresh tank. the last time I cleaned the same restaurant I had more than 5 but less than 10 gal left i the tank.

I always run at 550 to 600 psi.

Just thought this might answer some of the water cunsumption / flow questions.

Greenie

It's good Kevin chimed in, .... with all of that said...his dry times have...?

a. improved
b. remained the same
c. worsened

KBRENNY

Hard to make a comparison on that subject as when I started this saga I was running a 4MP blower with some substantial plumbing restrictions 2" hose and a 1 1/2" whip. I now run a 56 blower with very little, if any, restrictions in the plumbing, 2 1/2" hose and a 25' whip of 2" hose and a greenhorn wand.

I can say that from 7.5 flow to 12.5 flow with no other equipment changes my dry times have not varied enough to tell any difference.

When this whole evolution started I had never talked to Greenie. I can honestly blame him for the single handed cause of my addiction to better vacuum and flow. He is kind of like a crack dealer for carpet cleaners.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
KBRENNY said:
When this whole evolution started I had never talked to Greenie. I can honestly blame him for the single handed cause of my addiction to better vacuum and flow. He is kind of like a crack dealer for carpet cleaners.

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER. 8) 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :shock:

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
"But I do alot of high production work in vacants and don't need to waste time drystroking"

Whoa! ssshhhh.... we got newbies here trying to learn, keep that production stuff quiet.

That was funny. I just finally realized I was killing myself in vacants! No more dry strokes. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom