12 v gear motor

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I'm looking for a gear motor to make my solution hose electric.

Has anyone every done this? What motor did you use?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Three years ago I paid $310 for the 2 sprockets and motor from Hannay. A 12volt solenoid, wire, & chain from farm store and foot switch from Grainger was probably $75. I just welded a couple pieces of metal with slotted holesfor chain adjustment across the a-frame of the vac reel. For the solution reel I purchased a used motorized Hannay 1526-17-18 , used the parts I needed and resold the unused reel on ebay.
Price Shane how much did the parts for that setup run?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I just bought one from nick, end of Nov....

just put it in 2 days ago...

works pretty good....slips a little because its belt instead of chain...$815 shipped....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
same one I do believe...cobb sells it for him.....

the 815 was with like 140 in shipping, so would be cheaper there for you to go pick it up....

ill have a video of it in the next few days.....

trying to figure out how to get the belt to grab better in the pulley......taken 4 links out of the belt...

could just be that its cold here, and making things not as pliable....

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I have Cobb's electric vac hose reel and yes you do need to take some links out in order for it to grab better.

Its the solution reel that I'm trying to make electric. I have some rubber wheels that I can use if I find the correct gear motor. I will mount the rubber wheel to the gear motor, make a bracket so I can just lower it onto the solution reel to make it spin. If all that makes sense.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I have Cobb's electric vac hose reel and yes you do need to take some links out in order for it to grab better.

Its the solution reel that I'm trying to make electric. I have some rubber wheels that I can use if I find the correct gear motor. I will mount the rubber wheel to the gear motor, make a bracket so I can just lower it onto the solution reel to make it spin. If all that makes sense.

does yours have the attached solution reel???

cuz that thing is like spinning a feather, at least mine is...in fact i wish it had a bit more drag for when i am pulling it off...

ohhh i love that on the elc vac side...HATED the spooling the reel did...that by its self will save me 10 min a job

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Yes, mine has the solution reel is attached.

The vac side comes off at a good rate, not too fast.

If I can find the correct gear motor I will post photos of the build as it goes, and if anyone would like to try the same thing I do have extra rubber wheels.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom