$1400 for some heat in the cab..

Mikey P

Administrator
my heater core has a leak so now when we run the heater we get radiator fluid stench in the air..:hopeless:

AC doesn't work either.

To replace the core($400 in parts) the whole dash will have to be yanked out.

Is there a heater that can be run off the 12 volt?

2 warm bodies and a good fart or two warms that tiny space up in no time.

randy

Name
Randy
Just get a couple of 12 volt electric blankets. When I first started my security guard business we had this contract where we had to park under the wing of a private jet and watch it all night long. In the winter I would give the guys electric blankets. We would just run a cord but they make 12 volt versions.

Then again when you get the moving truck paid for it comes time to dump it, the AC needs to work. It gets hot in Mexico.

Reactions: Mikey P

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
As a kid we had one between the seats in the plow jeep, that's about all I remember besides pushing ALOT of snow and licking the window.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
$1400 now..or 3xs that much later.........if your smelling anti freeze.....then your closed loop system is leaking......your setting yourself up for a over heated engine one of these days......your choice.....your truck.....but the leak is not going to repair its self......and it is only going to grow bigger......

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Umm,

I smell anti freeze around the front of our 3500 but there aint a drop anywhere. Heat works, should I be concerned too?

Chris

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Umm,

I smell anti freeze around the front of our 3500 but there aint a drop anywhere. Heat works, should I be concerned too?

Chris

if you are not sure..have it pressure tested for a leak......summer days are coming back around.......better to be safe then sorry........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
if you are not sure..have it pressure tested for a leak......summer days are coming back around.......better to be safe then sorry........

understood, Thank ya Sir!

Have had a bunch of people tell me chevys do that, hate it when common sence goes out the window.......... broke toes happen like that :dejection: lol

Chris

Carry on...........

MattLimbach

Name
Matt Limbach
$1400 now..or 3xs that much later.........if your smelling anti freeze.....then your closed loop system is leaking......your setting yourself up for a over heated engine one of these days......your choice.....your truck.....but the leak is not going to repair its self......and it is only going to grow bigger......

Should be able to by-pass the heater core. To stop the loss of coolant.
But if you are going to fix it later for resale value, may as well fix it now,so that YOU are enjoying the heater, rather than only the next owner.

MattLimbach

Name
Matt Limbach
Umm,

Chris

Probably intake manifold gasket. Drips down on exhaust manifold and burns off, so you wont see a drop, till they get worse.
5.7 liter? They all do that. $350-$450 Damn Chevys! Dont get me started.

Reactions: GCCLee

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Probably intake manifold gasket. Drips down on exhaust manifold and burns off, so you wont see a drop, till they get worse.

normally if it is leaking there you will see a different coloration on the exhaust manifold where the anti-freeze is hitting it and it is getting burnt off......
first place I would look is a freeze plug..........5.7s are also good for freeze plug leaks..........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If you have any issue with any part of your coolant system, you really to get it fixed and quickly. Don't play around your engine is around 6500 dollars.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Dont matter what vehicle they all have their issues....

looks like i am going to be around $1000 to fix a few tranny issues on my Dodge I just bought:hopeless::hopeless:

and hope to hell that it is only around $300 in a mth or so to finish off some fluids....Has a code that it throws sometimes

fallen

Name
Terry White
I use a 12 volt direct connect heater to keep the back of my pickup warm during late fall, winter and early spring hunting for my dogs. I didn't want them to get too warm or be able to touch any hot spot and get injured. So I picked up this 12v cab heater with duct work. It also includes a thermostat so i can keep it just at 60 and the dogs aren't shaking cold anymore. It's been working fine for almost a year now and I'm thinking about purchasing another for my popup camper but on the other hand, a couple a chili farts in a sleeping bag goes a long way too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom