15 things people hate about your website.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good stuff.

I like this one.

15) The Worst Offender: I Don't Know What to Do.

I've been trying to work on that for my sites...... Sometimes there is so much info...There is too much info.

You just have to tell people what you want them to do.

Simple...And yet very rarely happens.... I'm an offender.

nsidla

Great post ! Really not a big fan of #2...good things to make people think about, I think pop-up ads are kind of a given though.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Drives me nuts when a website either doesn't have the PHONE NUMBER easily found on each page or is hidden away in tiny numbers somewhere. Even though the young intelligentsia of the web don't want to admit it our customers still pick up the phone and MAKE A TELEPHONE CALL.

Rant over.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Another common mistake I see on sites where the carpet cleaner has put them up them self is spelling and grammar mistakes. Kiss of death...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I actually find social media links and blogs annoying....but then again, I'm nearly 50. I want easy to find contact info. I want to talk to a real person, so give me a phone number or chat box....not an email form. Unless you have a brick and mortar store, I don't want your address either. As for info, it should be short, direct and tell me specifically the services you offer. Please don't give me your BS marketing angle. I don't want to see pics of you and your family. Before and after's used to be great, but now I don't trust them with stealing pics, lighting, photoshop, etc. If you have nice, powerful looking, clean and well set up equipment a pic of that might be nice...IF that is what will show up at my house.

Mostly I just need to know how to get hold of you right now to clean up the mess.

Take care,
Lisa

nsidla

Steve Toburen said:
PS Another common mistake I see on sites where the carpet cleaner has put them up them self is spelling and grammar mistakes. Kiss of death...

Yeah that's bad for just about any business website, I always feel like you REALLY shouldn't be considering this business if they can't spell...

Back
Top Bottom