$1627.59 repair bill at butler

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Boy am I glad I have all my records in order to keep my warranty intact. New driveshaft and clutch and 8 hours of work all for free.My butler is about 3 years and 2 months old. Out of the last 800 units, there were two bad shafts and I got one.That would have hurt, if I had to pay.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Man, that was a close one! The biggest repair I ever had was a rear main engine seal fix on an old prochem legend.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Ruff Hewn said:
glad iot was covered , Lyman

I'm curious though...what would a guy do if he lived 1000 miles from Butler??

.L.T.A.

they are easy enough to work on that any repair shop could have done the work..guys at butler would have even walked

the repair guy through the repair..and still covered the cost of the job..

good thing its so rare for them to break.

Mike Draper

can someone upload that huge list of ridiculous things that need to be checked off daily, weekly, monthly in order to keep the warranty? How much time per month are you spending doing that instead of making money?

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
It is probaly 5 minutes a week, not to bad for a 10 year warranty. There is not one other company that offers a warranty like this.
Mike-buy a judson- which is a great machine-didn't les have to work on yours for 2 days to fix it.

Mikey P

Administrator
my proto/beta type did need some fixes, yes.

I'm not saying a Judson is better than a Butler but sometimes a Kragen fix is a whole lot better than waiting for proprietary parts to arrive by mail.

Anyone who owns a unit from an un-local source would be real wise to know how to wrench on things and have a stockpile of parts.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Other than the drive shaft I don't believe anything else is a proprietary part on a butler Mike though I could be wrong.

BLOWER & HEAT EXCHANGER & CAT PUMP & HARMONIC BALANCER.... LIKE!

5.8 blower/"actually 4.7"...Different feet angle
HX..must be Plasma cut & re-welded to repair
Cat Pump has "stainless head's"
Accepts 3 belts

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Mike Draper said:
can someone upload that huge list of ridiculous things that need to be checked off daily, weekly, monthly in order to keep the warranty? How much time per month are you spending doing that instead of making money?

5 minutes a week to do which everyone should do with ANY machine. Catching a leak or erratic behaiour early prevents downtime. Except with any other machine your lucky to get a ONE year warranty.

Name
Steve Lawrence
$1627 sounds very decent for a new shaft and clutch installed. Glad you keep good records--certainly worth a few minutes a week. I had aButler shaft replaced under warranty in 1993.

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
Mike Draper said:

DAILY ITEMS
1. Clean recovery tank filter bag
2. Check cat pump oil
3. Check blower oil
4. Check engine oil

WEEKLY ITEMS
1. Clean Recovery Tank Screen
2. Inspect blower belts
3. Inspect cat pump belts
4. Inspect front end belts
5. Clean Detergent filter
6. Inspect hoses
7. Visual leak inspection
Gauge Readings: Record while operating machine normally
Tachometer
Vacuum gauge
Pressure gauge
Temp gauge
Hour meter
Vehicle odometer

MONTHLY ITEMS:
1. Clean inlet water strainer
2. Clean and oil lobes of blower
3. Grease Blower (if applicable)
4. Clean filter screen on wand
5. Clean filter screen on stairtool
6. Grease live vacuum hose swivel
7. Test park interlock system

EVERY 500 HOURS OR 6 MONTHS (minimum every 6 months)
1. Change cat pump oil
2. Change blower oil
3. Check that all nuts and bolts are tight

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Other than the drive shaft I don't believe anything else is a proprietary part on a butler Mike though I could be wrong.

Ken...i believe they are still machineing the blower endcaps to attach the belt tensioner....
which of course requires a..........Butler blower....and then there is that pesky tensioner that CAN'T be bought.....and then that driveshaft bracket is special made.....
i could go on but you get my drift.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom