1st tile & grout

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Well got my 1st tile & grout job in the books. Only did it cause it was a repeat customer for cleaning his carpets and he really wanted it done. Don't have a spinner tool or high psi portable only have a Mytee M5 with 500psi. Sprayed cleaner down with pump up sprayer, let dwell, used grout brush on a stick to scrub grout. Put the stiff bristle brushes on my CRB and went to town, then used a hard surface wand connected to my portable. had to only run one vac motor, using both was two much suction, hard surface wand sucked and get stuck to floor could not move it. put hot tap water in solution tank hooked my mytee hot turbo heater then just rinsed and sucked it all up, came out great customer loved it and payed me $20 extra and it was fairly easy to do. Think I just might have to do this more often but will be a little selective of the jobs i take. Love my CRB on carpets and now on floors too. However would not be good in tight space's, no way your fitting a CRB in a bathroom and getting around the toilet. So i'll just stick to big open area's for now

Mikey P

Administrator
Lots of floors will come clean that easy. Some with even less effort.

But most people dont seal or reseal and wait far too long, those jobs will need high pressure and more heat.

or they apply topical sealer just to ruin your day...or week..

Reactions: Ray Burnfield
Name
Steve Lawrence
$20 was the tip.

Nice job. Tile can be fun and very rewarding. Eventually you can get a Turbo and really go to town.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Kevin I just read your comment about the hard surface wand to my head elf and we both burst out laughing. The first time we used one it stuck to the floor like a barnacle. You have to dial down the vacuum a lot. Other than that just put your back into it and slurp away!

The honest truth? I hate the dang thing but it is handy to have.

Reactions: Mikey P

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Well the hard surface wand only cost me $99 total job with carpet and tile at that house was $200.00 so i got my
money back for the wand plus $100 and now i'll have it. Just another tool in box

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom