2.5 HOSE AND VANOPY PICS

Raedan

Thanks Mark Cermak and Greenglides for the 2.5 hose,"Y" connector and cool cuffs.
Thanks to the Maker Co. for the Vanopy.

PICT0180.jpg

PICT0181.jpg

SOME ADDITIONAL PICS OF THE VAN

PICT0182.jpg

PICT0183.jpg

PICT0184.jpg

Joe

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Well... at least I can see the mounting system... I think. Can you post a picture of the vanopy deployed? How do like your powerclean unit?
Patrick

Name
Nate W.
Nice setup.

Where did you get the internal crevice tool from? I looked in PMF's catalog and online but was only able to find the external spray for the short version and internal for the long version. I thought PMF made a short internal spray like the one you got.

Any help is Greatly Appreciated.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Looks like a nice set-up. I see you have a vacuum on board, so Mikey has to stretch and bring up the lack of a rotary.

Can't be the big dog if you don't bite whenever necessary.

John Watson

Neat looking set up, Mikey didn't see your grandy groomer I guess. Kind of hard to get some guys to look up...

Raedan

Hey Patrick,
The vanopy is in the second pic. Took less than 10 minutes to put together and about 1 minute to mount.
The machine is fine so far. Not to many hrs. on it. Your not to far from me your welcome to come over and take a look if you like.

The PMF tools I bought from steambrite.com. There in Texas.

Mikey, I don't pre-scrub every job but if I need to I have a 175 17", 175 13", Cimex, CRB, Pile lifter and an HOS OP.
I am thinking of carrying the pile lifter on board though.(Does that mean I'll never make Waldo's top 25)...LOL

Yes John there up top. Good eye!

Marty, Thanks I'm getting there. I use Windsor Vacs. Versamatics and backpacks. Have had the ones you see in the van almost 7 yrs. I believe.

Joe

Raedan

What's 303?

The van mat is in the back portion. From the hose reel to the back door.The TM is on the van floor. If i had to do it again I would have line-x the floor.
But i am a one man operation so I am careful. I also have a drip pan under the TM.

Joe

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Joe has spent a lot of time and energy customizing his set up to accomodate his Janitorial and his CC business. Like many O/O's his van is loaded quite differently from job to job, but he always has a vacuum and airpaths when he's cleaning carpets (and scrubber's when needed). As he pre inspects, he knows the job conditions prior to his arrival to clean, and sets his truck up accordingly.
If he has not previously inspected he always goes prepared for the worst.

Joe... I think the pile lifter used on every job should almost automatically get you a slot in the top 25!
We need to get that U bolt in this weekend if possible to complete the 2.5" conversion.
You did a sweet job on those hose reels too!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I noticed the drip tray. I've got one under my old TM to. Then I had to figure out what to put on the tray to absorb the oil.
You can pet some product called Oil Gator out of Vancouver, BC. Its treated cardboard powder that breaks it down to Carbon and Hydrogen, just soak it up and throw it in compost or on the lawn. Amazing stuff.
http://www.oilgator.com/

There is another product called Stardust
http://www.ippnet.com/EN/main/products/12061/12062.html

Nice setup.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Joe I have been watching you. Seem to be Top 25 material. The LMCAA patch on your website disturbs me. You do not hangout at Star Trek conventions do you? Scrub and run guys need not apply for the Top 25. I will add 25 points for the Vanopy. Nice addition.

Golden Boy

Greenie

Nice indeed.

I have one question: Do you pull your 2.5 hose first and lay it out in reverse?
What caught my eye was the 2" to 2.5" connection on the reel, I think you could improve that and make it more user friendly for a pull and go, if you just have a short 100' run to do.

Pile lifter!
I'b bring the CRB and post vac....lol

Raedan

Thanks for that info Ron. I'll check it out.

Hey Tom I'll call you Saturday. Been busy getting Mom settled in.

Waldo, I do belong to the LMCCA. Also the BSCAI And IICRC and CRI Certified. I do what the customer wants and is willing to pay without
sacrificing to much on quality. We are a customer service oriented business as you and all carpet cleaners. Having said that I will only go so far
as I think is appropriate. And I don't hang out at Star Trek conventions....LOL

Mikey, I'll take a look at 303.

Greenie, It's been a while since we talked. You helped me out with my porty about a year or so ago.And the Glide for the steamin demon is awesome. At 3 gal/min. and airpaths dry times are 30-40 minutes. And I use that cobra hose for the upholstery tool.

The 2.5 is the first hose on the reel. I have had so many different hose runs from 75ft. to 175 ft. in residential and commercial up to 275.
( I had to borrow hose from Tom for that one). I carry 175ft. in the van now.

I actually don't mind the pile lifter. Always used it in commercial. Both with the vac hooked up and unplugged to scrub in prespray.
(For those who never used one you can unplug the vac motor and keep the brush motor on.) Especially useful on commercial when encapping.( I hope Waldo doesn't read this) I am always open for ideas to make it better and easier. I am running only a 4 flow on my CMP 2" quad jet and will try 6 flow next.( hybrid glide) We'll see what the dry times and heat situation is.

Thanks for the ideas and input guys!

Joe

Nice looking set up, Joe! Glad to hear the Freedom is working well for you. Mine has 1300 hours on it and runs like new. Let us know how you like the 2.5" I've been thinking of switching from 4 to the door to the 2.5" in the spring when business picks up again. Once again, good luck on the residential end!

clean one

Very nice looking setup,where did you get the long lengths of stick hose coming from the waste tank > cool idea. I just this pass week received some cool cuffs and a second pool filter to hook up. Thats why i don't think i could ever go back to a reg size van , just not enough room to carry all the tools.

Raedan

Hey Aaron good to hear your busy. I only used the new setup once so far. No complaints with the machine so far.
I'll let you know how it's working when I get some more work.

Clean one,
I thought about using regular vac hose but That goodyear con-ag hose is some heavy duty stuff. I figured it would be more durable in the long run than vac hose so that's why I went with it. It wont crack or split and no compression. I bought it from Royal Brass and Hose. You can find them on the web.
And yes It's tight in a regular van. I have to constantly adjust what I can carry.

Joe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom