2.5" Hose

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
haven't played with it much, but considering a 36 & 45 blower are both 2.5" in and out.

4ttd seems you'd have low air velocity on all but the bigger blowers in those sections of hose?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The 5 or 6 foot piece of 2.5" that is use from the unit to the filter just sits on the floor or drapes over the reel. I carry two 50' sections of 2.5". Not like handling 2" but my set up makes it painless. I turned my motorize reel upside down and mounted it on four lengths 3/4" pipe with closet flange screwed to the floor. This allows me to easily fit the 2.5 and 50' of 2 on the reel without it falling off the sides. I have another 50' of 2 hanging in the van. The 2" is only used inside and the 2.5" always stays outside. Most of the time I will just have one section of each off the van and even though it's probably not necessary it's just as easy to use as 2 sections of 2.

Hose Reel 001.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dry times matter , everything else is useless, overthinking rocket surgery

Maybe for somes' wand technique or TMs 2.5 makes a "practical" difference, but not enough for our wand technique to hassle with for 87.3358% of the jobs

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Numero Uno

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Who is “our”?

our
/ˈou(ə)r,är/

determiner

1. 1.
    belonging to or associated with the speaker and one or more other people previously mentioned or easily identified.
    "Jo and I had our hair cut"

2. 2.
    used by a writer, editor, or monarch to refer to something belonging to or associated with himself or herself.
    ......................................................................................

Does that help our resident Hem'rhoid?

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Did you ever use any of that Argosheen PadPrick used to hawk?

nah, when I came around, he was hawking colloidal silver Abstraction .

it was worthless garbage

Have used a gal or two of Argosheen though.
If I recall, it smells more like lighter fluid than butyl.

..L.T.A.

Joseph225

haven't played with it much, but considering a 36 & 45 blower are both 2.5" in and out.

4ttd seems you'd have low air velocity on all but the bigger blowers in those sections of hose?
I don't think air VELOCITY in those two hoses is the most important metric. It's more important, I think, to get the air to flow without restriction. The blower is going to provide a certain amount of force, regardless. Think about it like trying to move a fixed volume of air in a fixed amount of time. If you're using two hoses, it's going to be easier than just using one. You'll have to double the airspeed in order to get it through the one hose, in the same amount of time.

If that doesn't make a lot of sense, think about trying to drink a milkshake. Someone used this example in a different thread I posted a couple of weeks ago. You walk into the milkshake shop, and they give you that big ass straw to drink it through...but you pull out a coffee stirrer you've been saving JUST for this occasion. It's gonna be a LOT of work to get that milkshake up through that coffee stirrer, but BY GOD, you've been looking forward to this, right? That makes my head hurt, just thinking about it...so let's talk about my experience with this.

I called Legend and was talking to Scott Harlib about this, awhile back, and there's another thread it gets discussed in, here. It's more important to have as little restriction in the vacuum line as possible, and this is determined by looking at the vacuum gauge on your machine. With my waste tank lid off, I get NO lift (in/Hg) on the gauge, and this is because there's no restriction on the airflow into the blower. I've taken various measurements and will list them below. I run a pre-Prochem buyout Sapphire 570, and it's got the helical blower. I'm gonna shamelessly plug Sapphire for a minute, and tell you that it's a SOLID single wand machine. I've had it for 5 years, and am super happy with it.

• Through 2” port: 3.5 in/Hg
  • Through 2.5” port: 1 in/Hg
  • 2” port w/filter: 4.7 in/Hg
  • 2” port, filter, 1 section Jon-Don hose: 7.5 in/Hg
  • 2.5 port, 1 section 2.5”: 3.5 in/Hg
  • 2.5” port, 1 section 2.5”, 1 section 2" Jon-Don hose : 6.5 in/Hg
  • Add filter to above: 7 in/Hg
  • 2.5" port, 1 section 2.5", transition to 2" hose and add filter about 1 foot into the 2" hose: 5 in/Hg
  • Add Dev wand : 7 in/Hg
  • 2.5” port, 2.5 hose to filter. 1 section 2” hose: 6.8 in/Hg
  • Add wand whip: 7 in/Hg
  • Add Dev wand: 8 in/Hg
I'll close by saying that with the addition of the 2.5" hose, my dry times have improved to a degree I didn't even realize was possible.

Joseph225

Joe is perpetually PMSing...
Did I hurt your feelings the other day? I'll admit, I got annoyed that you weren't answering the ACTUAL questions I asked. I've since learned that you've jacked up your knee or something, and are on pain meds. As such, I'm willing to apologize, publicly. It's hard to bring your A-game in a situation like that, and I wouldn't have gotten so irritated with you if I'd known. Hope the recovery goes smoothly, man.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Did I hurt your feelings the other day? I'll admit, I got annoyed that you weren't answering the ACTUAL questions I asked. I've since learned that you've jacked up your knee or something, and are on pain meds. As such, I'm willing to apologize, publicly. It's hard to bring your A-game in a situation like that, and I wouldn't have gotten so irritated with you if I'd known. Hope the recovery goes smoothly, man.
Send him a tire.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I have to pee

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Jeff T
I don't think air VELOCITY in those two hoses is the most important metric. It's more important, I think, to get the air to flow without restriction. The blower is going to provide a certain amount of force, regardless. Think about it like trying to move a fixed volume of air in a fixed amount of time. If you're using two hoses, it's going to be easier than just using one. You'll have to double the airspeed in order to get it through the one hose, in the same amount of time.

If that doesn't make a lot of sense, think about trying to drink a milkshake. Someone used this example in a different thread I posted a couple of weeks ago. You walk into the milkshake shop, and they give you that big ass straw to drink it through...but you pull out a coffee stirrer you've been saving JUST for this occasion. It's gonna be a LOT of work to get that milkshake up through that coffee stirrer, but BY GOD, you've been looking forward to this, right? That makes my head hurt, just thinking about it...so let's talk about my experience with this.

I called Legend and was talking to Scott Harlib about this, awhile back, and there's another thread it gets discussed in, here. It's more important to have as little restriction in the vacuum line as possible, and this is determined by looking at the vacuum gauge on your machine. With my waste tank lid off, I get NO lift (in/Hg) on the gauge, and this is because there's no restriction on the airflow into the blower. I've taken various measurements and will list them below. I run a pre-Prochem buyout Sapphire 570, and it's got the helical blower. I'm gonna shamelessly plug Sapphire for a minute, and tell you that it's a SOLID single wand machine. I've had it for 5 years, and am super happy with it.

• Through 2” port: 3.5 in/Hg
  • Through 2.5” port: 1 in/Hg
  • 2” port w/filter: 4.7 in/Hg
  • 2” port, filter, 1 section Jon-Don hose: 7.5 in/Hg
  • 2.5 port, 1 section 2.5”: 3.5 in/Hg
  • 2.5” port, 1 section 2.5”, 1 section 2" Jon-Don hose : 6.5 in/Hg
  • Add filter to above: 7 in/Hg
  • 2.5" port, 1 section 2.5", transition to 2" hose and add filter about 1 foot into the 2" hose: 5 in/Hg
  • Add Dev wand : 7 in/Hg
  • 2.5” port, 2.5 hose to filter. 1 section 2” hose: 6.8 in/Hg
  • Add wand whip: 7 in/Hg
  • Add Dev wand: 8 in/Hg
I'll close by saying that with the addition of the 2.5" hose, my dry times have improved to a degree I didn't even realize was possible.
The same reason I run 2.5... the same reason I run standard cuffs w/ 18/10 stainless links....
AIRFLOW IS KING!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom