2.5 inch wand

MerCrewser

I do not have access to the high performance forums, so forgive me if this has been covered before. But...

Do you think there would be any interest/market for a 2.5 inch wand with a 14 inch head? I'm thinking of building one. I have a design, and it will be light and easy to handle.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I don't think so. Not if you want to make any money. There really aren't that many guys running 2.5 all the way to the wand.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Oh yeah baby, don't listen to the nancys. Built it with titanium or carbon fiber. You will have the baddest wand on the market. Build it and they will come.

MerCrewser

Art Kelley said:
Oh yeah baby, don't listen to the nancys. Built it with titanium or carbon fiber. You will have the baddest wand on the market. Build it and they will come.

Thats what I'm thinking.

Greenie

I was just talking to my oldest son about that the other day, he had one of my 2.5" bolt on tank elbows in his hand, I said imagine that as a wand tube, he went through the wanding motions with a Greenhorn wand in the off hand, it really wasn't too bad,... but I imagine you would have more takers with a properly designed pressure wash style valve on top, then the guys with girlie hands could sling it as well.
Carbon fiber isn't a bad idea.

Lots of good ideas, just takes time and money.

Spurling

Wow ..are we gonna end up sucking the pad through the backing weave..

Will the suction make it hard to push the wand ..
You could use the trigger handle the Gekko grout tool uses..

MerCrewser

Spurling said:
Wow ..are we gonna end up sucking the pad through the backing weave..

Will the suction make it hard to push the wand ..

Nope, it'll be just like using a 1.5 wand, just not as gay. I'm gonna do it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
It would definitely scream at the wand/carpet interface!!

The wand isn't the challenge. Build a trigger handle on top of the main tube and it would be no more difficult to use than a 2" with glide.

The challenge, as mentioned, is in order to make any use of the efficiency of 2.5" wand, it would have to be connected directly to 2.5" hose. Having used the 2.5" to get to my 50ft lead of 2" I would not want to be using 2.5" throughout a house. It would have to be at least as flexible as the superflex 2".

With the efficiency that we are achieving with 2.5" to 2" to 2" wand with glide, it may not be worth the effort for a 2.5" wand.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
2.5" hose that flexible would collapse under the hg's and heat. You'd have to man up and use stiff 2.5".

Take care,
Lisa

John Watson

2 1/2 inches all the way, Wow, Helen definitely would not set up for me no more.. she bitches about the 2 inch now... and yes I am one with those short stubby fingers that loves my 2 inch Green Horn wand the way it is. No more stretching the fingers please.

Helen doesn't have to touch the 10' 2 1/2 now, It is permanently connected to the waste tank and the pool filter and tucks in around the reel and machine console just fine. First thing I do after opening the side slider is pop out the big one. Helen will connect the 2 inch to that.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I'd try it would i use it??

what about flow ....one could tape a garden hose to the wand and have one pass cleaning with 10 min dry times

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom