2 different companies for 2 different pricing structures

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Has anyone done it?

Has anyone considered doing it?

If you could keep it separate, you would never have to lose a customer.

Anyone?

That's what I said the other day.

I already have a good referral company.

Now all I need is a way to hack out these price shopper jobs without hurting my current company.

We already discussed this.

If someone calls I will refer them to my other company.

You really don't even need a second business license.

Just send my tech out in either of my plain trucks for cash money.

He can push whatever upsells he wants. I don't care if he wants to sell pre-treatment at 50 bucks a room.

I don't care.

Just bring me the money.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've done this in the past as well.

I started doing it with Priority and Service 1 but I ended up just doing everything under Priority.

Your thread got me thinking of it again.

I think it's a good idea.

Brian R said:
I've done this in the past as well.

I started doing it with Priority and Service 1 but I ended up just doing everything under Priority.

Your thread got me thinking of it again.

I think it's a good idea.

No it's brilliant.

The bad part is I have probalby thrown 250k away from missed revenue over the past few years because I did not want to start low and upsell. I get phone calls all the time from old yp ads. They are starting to fade away slowly three years later. Still I don't want to miss any revenue. The next person that calls price shopping that I don't book will get the following. I will have my tech call them and say Mid-South passed your info on to me. He can book the job at whatever price the customer feels comfortable paying. I will teach him how to hack a carpet out. He already knows how to do a professional job. He can give the customer options and let them choose what they want done.

The only negative to this is we are busy as hell dual wanding. We have slowed down some but still are doing good. I need him to keep production rates up and to help me. He will be running a truck in the spring on empties and small jobs to free up more time for me. I may do better just subbing these price jobs out.

Yikes.

I may have to hire a person or get a few subs.

All I know is I am tired of throwing money away. I throw away a 50 inch plasma every month.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Daniel, Sounds like a good problem to have.

If you are considering using subs...get them now!

Start asking around "would you be willing to take some jobs and split them?"....just don't pick criminals. lol

Hard to find guys to trust but they might be as the next CAD at your local supplier.

I don't like to lose money either...it hit me square in the head a couple of years ago that a job turned down is still money lost.

The hagglers haggle....no matter what.

The price shoppers shop...no matter what

The non price shoppers and no hagglers will still call you if you have a good image.

So why not make money on all of them?

A separate identity or "division" is easily done. You can even market under that other identity.

If done right a different cell phone and email address and a quick website...and you're in business.

If you can't do it yourself...get someone to do it for you.

Good job.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think it could work, especially with having a service like full circle. Any business model will make money if done right. Your premier company could do the whole spit shine and experience(vac, spot, prespray, scrub, wand or RV360, speed dry, groom). The other could pre-spray and clean. Instead of soaking and going I would atleast get a few air paths to set yourself apart from the other splash and dashers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think you could do quality work with both....somewhat.

It's just catering to the people who want lower prices and not all the bells and whistles.

Let's face it, you can get the carpet clean with pre spray and heavy wanding but some might think that is "hackish" including those certain customers.

You can also blow through the rags carpets with high ph etc to speed up your production...time is money and that's why you would lower the price IE: Able to get the F out of there in hour or better.

Clean is Clean...it's just how you get there that should dictate your prices.

Back
Top Bottom