2 Full Days on a VCT Job

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
VCT is not my most favorite work to do, however, it pays kinda good (especially in this crazy Snowy Kentucky weather we're having right now!) This is our first big job that we landed from the Church brochure. Stripped and waxed about 4,000sf, my biggest VCT job to date! We spent all day yesterday stripping and cleaning baseboards then went in today and finished stripping a room they added on and couple of other areas we didn't get to yesterday. Then final mop and prep for wax. Three coats (two thin and last one a little thicker. Here are some before and afters, thank goodness most of it only had 2 coats that needed to be stripped off. Next month were doing about 7k cgd carpet

Not in any particular order

photo-76.jpg
photo-82.jpg
photo-83.jpg
photo-81.jpg
photo-80.jpg
photo-82.jpg

photo-78.jpg

photo-79.jpg

photo-77.jpg

Attachments

• photo-82.jpg
    photo-82.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Name
Bruce
The before picture of the checkered floor didn't look like it was ever going to come back to life , then the after picture looks great.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I hate vct too, but I get a bit of it from time to time. Like I'm sure you did, I always price it to kill it for the customer, but they say yes anyway.

So, I make good money.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks awesome!

Like the big wide open jobs like that but cannot stand any with desks or tiny restrooms.

Reactions: hogjowl

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
what kind of equip did you use? auto scrub, shovel vac etc... and why only 3 coats of wax? general rule of thumb is that wax solids should total at least 100% also what did you get per sq, ft.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Use 175 and turbo, then mop bucket. They only wanted 2 Coates, I talked him into 3. .42 psf for this one and $150 extra to scrub baseboards which was to low. But, it was priced so that we hopefully would land the VCT and carpet. Actually there was around 4,500 sf after they added on

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
the prob wanted to compare bids apple to apple with some other companies. most likely they have been getting scrub and coat jobs that usually get two coats. I get a lot of guys ask for strip and wax when what they have been getting is scrub and coat. your price is in the ballpark but by the looks of the floor you should have been at .55 but hey you made money lol.
Use 175 and turbo, then mop bucket. They only wanted 2 Coates, I talked him into 3. .42 psf for this one and $150 extra to scrub baseboards which was to low. But, it was priced so that we hopefully would land the VCT and carpet. Actually there was around 4,500 sf after they added on

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I just noticed, did you pick up slurry with turbo tile tool?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Yes, we did. I was trained to use the mop bucket approach on smaller areas, I immediately started using the turbo which cuts down tremendously on clean up time. We only had to do one final mop with clean water to prep for wax. One day when I grow up and if I keep landing these larger accts I will get a auto scrubber. Someone on this board was supposed to give a couple of us a handy dandy list of pieces of equipment we should get for VCT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom