2" spinner

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
seeing how i see you on here john...

you gonna upgrade and make a 2" spinner???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you know, the tile and grout spinner from mytee...

they are 1.5" and so i was wondering if they were ever gonna make a 2" version...

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Doug,

Good Idea. I'll check in to it. We have been talking about a redesign. What else would you guys like to see on a new Spinner? Give us some ideas and some time and we'll see what we can do. Thanks for the input, keep it coming.

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont see the need for a 2" tube.

Dong things lock down enough as it is.

I would like to see a slightly longer, easier to change brush ring for one.

A pressure gage by the QC would be handy.

And solve the biggest problem of them all. Figure out a way so that it cleans right to the base board. Not a inch away. Big time waster to have to go back and detail edges.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I just purchased the counter spinner and used it last week on a large job and so far I really like the design and the fact it gets closer to the corner than the round tools. IMHO
We already owned the floor spinner.
The easier/better brush ring for both tools would certainly be an added bonus!
I don't see the need to go 2" as we can only use the floor tool with the vac release all the way open now. again IMHO

Greenie

don't need much vacuum on hard floors.

I don't see how you are gonna get that last inch much better, you must leave some room for plastic wall thickness and a vacuum chamber and an air gap for the rotating arm.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
what if you angled the jets so they spray at an angle hitting the floor near the brush ring? maybe even make it so every 90 degrees on the edges of the housing it could be thinner to make a closer pass.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I agree with Mike, 2" would be useless, I can hardly move the thing without the brush ring on it

need to be able to clean closer to the edge if possible, it was ok to tip the spinner when I had a different TM but with the Vortex I did this and had one hell of a mess on the bottom windows near the floor running at 1000 PSI

the housing needs to be a little sturdier

I have one of the older black spinners, just improve it

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah but am thinking that the 2" may help it slide a little better....

And I dont know what your guys issue is on changing the rings....piece of cake...HOT WATER is the key...

In fact I found 4 rings for...welll lets just say it was a deal...I might be willing to sell 2 or 3 of them for a decent price if you want...

also...some way to get the swivel or the whole head down a bit...i miss going under stuff by an inch most times, because the swivel pokes out to high...

also...I am tired of draggin around a 1.5" hose to switch out...or if i need to switch to the wand, or whatever else......and the 2" would help my machine breath a little better..cuz boy was it bogged down the other night....had to have the relief open a tad....

OHHH YEAH THE RELIEF....PUT IT ON TOP...KEPT SUCKING MY DAMN SHIRT IN THE HOLE....HHAHAHAHA

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
try edging with your glided wand first and then clean the rest of the floor...........much easier.........

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Doug, Get yourself a "vac attack" and leave it on the spinner then you can get rid of the 1 1/2" hose.

Gary T

Get yourself a Turbo Hybrid for craps sake. They are far better than anything on the market.

A 2" tube would make it even harder to move around the floor. After Greenie's vac mods, I almost exclusively use the brush ring on everything because the hard ring just sticks too much. You don't need much vac to pull water off tile anyway.

You guys leaving alot of water on the tile, its not your vac, its your cheap spinner. The Turbo Hybrid has an auto vac relief on the cleaning head where it is most effective.

Greenie

I always thought a few shallow "grooves" on the bottom of the plastic ring would help in multiple ways, probably need about 12 of them 1/32" deep, use something like a chainsaw file.

BTW I make replacement original spinner rings if you need one.

Gary T

I'm going to carve mine up tomorrow Greenie. That should work wonders, as long as it does not cause it to whistle too much.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Gary T said:
Get yourself a Turbo Hybrid for craps sake. They are far better than anything on the market.

A 2" tube would make it even harder to move around the floor. After Greenie's vac mods, I almost exclusively use the brush ring on everything because the hard ring just sticks too much. You don't need much vac to pull water off tile anyway.

You guys leaving alot of water on the tile, its not your vac, its your cheap spinner. The Turbo Hybrid has an auto vac relief on the cleaning head where it is most effective.

Tried it because i forgot mine and had to rent one from john...they blow, to damn light, thing kept bouncing around instead of staying on the ground...and i hate the T handle...

Spinners dont have the hard ring brush only, so no issues there... and it doesnt leave alot of water...

ohh and Shane is the vac attack that attachment the is a 2"-1.5"??? cuz my vac and heat tore it apart... it separated and sucked way up the wand..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom