#2 Yelp

Beeks

Name
J.R.
So was thinking about adding Yelp to my arsenal. Of course I already had a free listing on there, but not paying for anything at the moment. So I go to yelp type in carpet cleaning, low and behold Im #2 on the list. So I look back at my call log and 1 call over the last 4 months from Yelp. Now of course I don't know how long I have been in the #2 spot, but being that Im #2 you would think I should have gotten more calls by now, IF yelp is popular as I was thinking in my area.

With that being said, I only have 2 visible reviews and 5 all together. So, I know some of you are Yelp fanatics, and input would be nice.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
So was thinking about adding Yelp to my arsenal. Of course I already had a free listing on there, but not paying for anything at the moment. So I go to yelp type in carpet cleaning, low and behold Im #2 on the list. So I look back at my call log and 1 call over the last 4 months from Yelp. Now of course I don't know how long I have been in the #2 spot, but being that Im #2 you would think I should have gotten more calls by now, IF yelp is popular as I was thinking in my area.

With that being said, I only have 2 visible reviews and 5 all together. So, I know some of you are Yelp fanatics, and input would be nice.

When you search other services in your area does yelp come up on top?

My understanding is yelp becomes a homerun when you google "carpet cleaning" and the yelp listing promoting you comes up top. Some areas they seem to be strong and others nonexistent. Not sure why though.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Depends on how big yelp is in your area I suppose. I'd hammer it, it I was still in the Phoenix market. Yelp is huge there.

In Lincoln, it isn't that popular at all. It can never hurt to get more reviews there though. If you've got clients that use Yelp, send them a link to give you an honest review.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
When you search other services in your area does yelp come up on top?

My understanding is yelp becomes a homerun when you google "carpet cleaning" and the yelp listing promoting you comes up top. Some areas they seem to be strong and others nonexistent. Not sure why though.

Yes, if you search the main keyword in my area, Yelp comes up near the top on the first page. This was the main reason I was thinking of going this route.

Yet Im near the top on Yelp search and no calls, maybe I need more reviews?

I did a small "poll" on FB, and got a few responses saying they use it, but for restaurants not so much services...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes, if you search the main keyword in my area, Yelp comes up near the top on the first page. This was the main reason I was thinking of going this route.

Yet Im near the top on Yelp search and no calls, maybe I need more reviews?

I did a small "poll" on FB, and got a few responses saying they use it, but for restaurants not so much services...

I would talk to mike, he knows more specific information about yelp.

Still pretty low for us so its not a priority, angie is making some moves though here.

Name
I'm Rick James
I've been with Yelp for the last 5-6 years and started a Yelp Deal about 2 years ago. Yelp is bigger on the west coast than the east coast and not to big in other in between areas. Yelp has been huge for me to the point I am usually in spot number 1 on page one of google with their listing and then in spot 2 or 3 my website is ranked.. which yelp has helped.

With my Yelp deal ($75 for $100), they pay me about $500-$600 a month for my cut of the deal which is $52.50. What is weird is people find us via Yelp but don't buy the Yelp deal.

If there is enough pull for Yelp in your area then YES.. partner with them to help grow your business.

Reactions: Beeks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yelp takes time to get popular in certain areas. Get on it, as it is a great investment in your future. If you establish yourself early it will be very beneficial for you. Just do it.

Unlike Angie's they don't nickel and dime you. They are much more of a grass root movement. And you don't even have to advertise with them. I didn't for the first 5 years and still got many jobs. I do now, happily, mostly because they have done so much for my business that I am actually happy to pay them. That's a first for me!

I've never done their Yelp deal- Ever. I am not interested in getting new clients by discounting my services. However, if you're trying to establish yourself, it may be worth it. Don't know.

Reactions: hogjowl and Beeks

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Yelp is huge in NYC. I am considering paying for advertising on it. I have a lot of reviews and was voted 1 of 5 best in NYC. And this is without a dollar spent. It has taken about 2 years to get there..but I am there and I get calls every day from it for work. I would say its close to 70% of the calls I get.

Activity for
12/2/2013 - 12/8/2013

JL Carpet & Upholstery
21 Bay 13th St
Brooklyn, NY
User Views
Customer Leads
click_icon.gif
35 clicks to website
call_icon.gif
3 mobile calls

I am not a super fan of their business practices..but people in the city live by it. Angies List is not even close for me.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Yelp is huge in NYC. I am considering paying for advertising on it. I have a lot of reviews and was voted 1 of 5 best in NYC. And this is without a dollar spent. It has taken about 2 years to get there..but I am there and I get calls every day from it for work. I would say its close to 70% of the calls I get.

Activity for
12/2/2013 - 12/8/2013

JL Carpet & Upholstery
21 Bay 13th St
Brooklyn, NY
User Views
Customer Leads
click_icon.gif
35 clicks to website
call_icon.gif
3 mobile calls

I am not a super fan of their business practices..but people in the city live by it. Angies List is not even close for me.
Its the exact opposite here in Orlando

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom