$20 off dollar look alike cards..

Mikey P

Administrator
We've been sending them out with our Service Monster Thank You cards for a while now.

On the tent card it clearly states that the 3 enclosed $20 biz cards are for handing out to friends, family and neighbors.

yet...

nearly everyone wants to use them for themselves and many think they can use all 3 on their next job. :x

any of you having issues?

I think I'll switch to our regular biz card.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I hand mine out as I'm completing the job and I explain how it works. I've had no problems. I was thinking about putting them in with the service monster cards but now I don't think I will. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I don't know what the tent card is, but if it doesn't say it right on the item itself it is likely at least part of the reason. People don't hear or read everything (do you?) that a marketer gives them, only what interests them. The dollar bill coupon itself is the catch so the most likely read item- put it on there and in different color or font to help it be noticed.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Skip that mailing and wait until you've been paid, then send them a mailing that says that they can use one and give the other two to their friends.

I'd keep the limitation line that says 1-per customer per cleaning, even though they won't read it. :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I put right on the gift cards that they cannot be used with any other offer and cannot use more than one per visit.

I then explain to the customer when/if they bring it up that they get a much better deal than $25 off and the cards are meant to be handed out to friends and family etc.

They like the "much better deal part"

gavin

I thought about getting those cards but I was thinking most people would just try to keep them, and not give them out. they would probably work great for chamber of commerce meetings though.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have a landlord that uses them for her rentals :shock: , I write out the bill and she just sends one with her check.. I hope she runs out soon! :evil:

Depends on how your card / referral system is set up, but we've been using them successfully for years. You HAVE to explain the referral system if you want them to work. We've had clients refer up to 16 people in a couple weeks.

I also have no problem giving an existing client the $20 or $25 discount.

20_cleaning_bucks400.jpg
50_card_front_eco.jpg

gregvice said:
Where can we get these cards?
Can someone post a link

thanks
http://andrechelle.com/
440-257-6705

Mikey P said:
We've been sending them out with our Service Monster Thank You cards for a while now.

On the tent card it clearly states that the 3 enclosed $20 biz cards are for handing out to friends, family and neighbors.

yet...

nearly everyone wants to use them for themselves and many think they can use all 3 on their next job. :x

any of you having issues?

I think I'll switch to our regular biz card.

Yes I was sending out a 20 dollar off referral card. I had the directions on the card in big bold letters. I will get a pic up later. Well it did not work. Take that back. People did call, but they would wait till the end of the job to expect a discount. Many of these customers were already getting a good deal. I went ahead and gave them the discount. I had one this week acutally and I haven't sent out any cards in a year. My advice is to just insert some business cards and that's it. The whole point was to get more referrals. I have found it is best to just pick up the phone and thank the customer for their referrals.

F

Flashcat

We have a $20 card - looks like a fluro $20 note on 1 side, and gift voucher look on the reverse side

Handed them to Real Estate Agents that haven't given us any work yet, and to Tax Agent etc.
"Here, I have some gift vouchers for you - I have filled out the expiry date (3 months) - but left the FROM space empty so that you can either give this away as a gift from you business or yourself."

That was maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, we now service another agent, And we have already had two jobs referred from our Accountant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom