2013, How is it looking for you.

Becker

Name
Becker
I never rely to much on DEC..

I almost always close things down for christmas to the 1st of the year.
This year really only working the 1st 12 days.

But 2013 has been fabulous with out Dec.

2014 I'll be starting things out right with my Jan Feb.. Gift card sent to past clients. Ordered the flier, and card via gotprint. Hired my GF's daughter to do the processing. I did not do it last year as I broke some ribs on the 2nd of Jan snowboarding but continued to work, but wanted some down time. This year I'm running 2 vans in Snoho, removed myself from operations in Spokane for now.

If you are not doing a slow season promotion consider it. I have to say my Jan Feb of 2012 was comparable to a june July.. And that was a record snowfall winter for us in Seattle.
I'd suggest focusing on you best clientele, if not your complete customer base.

I've found the best bang for the buck is Gift cards inclosed in a envelope with a flier, white envelope, customer addressed.

Huge reply in 2012, even with feet of snow on the ground. Completely odd for the puget sound.

BTW, some clients tipped back the gift card.
Believe me your clients love you and want to support you.

Mikey P

Administrator
yep, best year to date..

Finished November with a 415 average.

Hope to se you at M10F, Beckers, I think you could add a lot to the conversations

December will be all gravy.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What expiration date do you use for the cards? I've never done that but I think I will this year. Jan.-April was painfully slow this year but we recovered by putting in our biggest sales year....by probably double when it all shakes out.
This is our first 6 digit sales year. I spent quite a bit more than I'd like to to do it but I'm really encouraged. I believe these first few years are the toughest. My average resi job has gone through the roof from 2012. I'm truly thankful that all of you guys share your experience on here. It has benefitted me and my family probably more than I even know. Plus I get to come to MF in Feb!

The Clean Machine

Chris A

Name
Chris
our gross should end up 6-7%, net up about 20% but only because I went back solo and paid of some debt. With about 10k in new marketing dollars being spent in 2014 and hopefully some better recruiting and hiring on my part we should be able to find and keep the right person.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I put less $ in than last year so. Looks really good and we are ready to climd another rung on the ladder : )
Budgeted for new equip and got most of it, paid for.. All of it : )

Doesn't make it any easier though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
as of now we are down a little bit..but not enough that I am worried or really care about.........but not to surprised...it has not been a really good year......and I have taken more time off then normal...

by the time December is over...I figure I will be in line with last year.....and will be the first year in a ling time that we did not have any growth.......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2013 too many lows and not enough highs! :neutral:

Not the worst year ever but certainly not the best. Just hanging in there and strategizing on what we can do to improve 2014.

Name
Jesse
Best of 10 for us. I still managed to spend nearly everything we've earned but we've done a lot of upgrading across the board.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Been a good year but December will be down with thanksgiving being late and the cold moved in early.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We are doing well. I am most proud of not ever having to lay anyone off and being able to hire another two employees this last 2 months one another brother and the other person we just hired is a disabled Vet. James McCloy Kelly McCloy's son James was here when we started then decided to re-enlist. He was in the fist Iraq war then went to Afghanistan this second go around an was blown up with his squad by and IED. It was a miracle they all lived and James was the least hurt and was able to pull them ALL out of he personal carrier all in the middle of a fire fight. Ill get the picture o the destroyed vehicle an post it. It is truly amazing anyone lived let alone all of them.

I want to say than you to you guys because without you none of this possible.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
One word LAZY.
After several years hard charging it was time to put it in neutral for a year. Now I'm bored again though and looking forward to lots of action in 2014.

We already have a verbal on a big chain lined up for next year. :rockon:

Becker

Name
Becker
What expiration date do you use for the cards? I've never done that but I think I will this year. Jan.-April was painfully slow this year but we recovered by putting in our biggest sales year....by probably double when it all shakes out.
This is our first 6 digit sales year. I spent quite a bit more than I'd like to to do it but I'm really encouraged. I believe these first few years are the toughest. My average resi job has gone through the roof from 2012. I'm truly thankful that all of you guys share your experience on here. It has benefitted me and my family probably more than I even know. Plus I get to come to MF in Feb!

The Clean Machine

They will get them in the 1st week of Jan, Must call by Feb 28th, If anyone calls and wants to book into March I will let them.

The offer will be followed with an email blast reminding them of the deal. The Email will come out end of Jan, Then maybe one more email reminded in the final week of the offer.

Worked real well for me in 2012, that was just from the mailer, did not do bulk emailing then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I never rely to much on DEC..

I almost always close things down for christmas to the 1st of the year.
This year really only working the 1st 12 days.

But 2013 has been fabulous with out Dec.

2014 I'll be starting things out right with my Jan Feb.. Gift card sent to past clients. Ordered the flier, and card via gotprint. Hired my GF's daughter to do the processing. I did not do it last year as I broke some ribs on the 2nd of Jan snowboarding but continued to work, but wanted some down time. This year I'm running 2 vans in Snoho, removed myself from operations in Spokane for now.

If you are not doing a slow season promotion consider it. I have to say my Jan Feb of 2012 was comparable to a june July.. And that was a record snowfall winter for us in Seattle.
I'd suggest focusing on you best clientele, if not your complete customer base.

I've found the best bang for the buck is Gift cards inclosed in a envelope with a flier, white envelope, customer addressed.

Huge reply in 2012, even with feet of snow on the ground. Completely odd for the puget sound.

BTW, some clients tipped back the gift card.
Believe me your clients love you and want to support you.

what kind of gift card do you offer?

Becker

Name
Becker
I enclose a business card with rounded edges, gloss and color both sides....... Value $**.00. Fry folded flier gloss, color and print one side.

A disclaimer, can, be given away to a friend or family member, can only be used with in my service area, can only be used toward services, blaa blaa. I even create a bar code........

Now that said Dave, don't start with.. Hey.. Gift Cards can't expire....................... Blaaa...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I enclose a business card with rounded edges, gloss and color both sides....... Value $**.00. Fry folded flier gloss, color and print one side.

A disclaimer, can, be given away to a friend or family member, can only be used with in my service area, can only be used toward services, blaa blaa. I even create a bar code........

Now that said Dave, don't start with.. Hey.. Gift Cards can't expire....................... Blaaa...

You can put whatever limitation on the card you want. Is it going to previous custies or cold prospects. If previous do they really need a flyer? And the fry folding is a nice touch. (Jk)

Becker

Name
Becker
I use the flier space to express my thanks ect. It compliments the card.

Not going to send a envelope with a loose gift card.

I could do it via postcard.

But the white envelope is the key.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We are up 29% YTD and just finishing our 5th year. My profit is up 15%YTD. Would have been better but we bought 2 new trucks. I feel great about the year we spent about 9% on advertising. Our repeat customers are our number one source for work and referrals is our number 3.

I am loving being fulltime with Sani-Bright.

2014 is set for another record pace.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
This was our best out of 7. Mainly beause we added cleaning and sealing outdoor pavers and stone. We will be expanding that next year through strategic referral partners. Not focusing on resi carpet next year. T/G, stone-in and out, commercial anything (thats profitable).

Also interviewing for commercial sales rep this month for next year. I need to get serious and turn this hobby into a business next year.

Thanks Hoodie for your help this year, much needed. Looking forward to growing with your help next year as well.

Reactions: Hoody

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
About the same as last year but this year we went even skinnier but gained multiple assets that I have been wanting for a couple of years now. So very happy.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
About 10% up from last year.

With the difficulty of finding a good employee in S.F. didn't push anything, marketing wise. Just organic growth and Yelp.

Last edited:

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
It looks like I'll be up close to 45% this year over last. This is my 4th year back at it after being out of the business for a year and a half. More importantly I'm about at the 70% mark of the amount of business I want to be at. I don't expect (but I'll take it if I do receive it) sales to grow 45% again in 2014. I figure 2 years to 100% capacity. I'm happy!!:biggrin:

Reactions: TomKing

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Good for you Barry! Don't stop at one truck build a fleet and a turn key business.

It looks like I'll be up close to 45% this year over last. This is my 4th year back at it after being out of the business for a year and a half. More importantly I'm about at the 70% mark of the amount of business I want to be at. I don't expect (but I'll take it if I do receive it) sales to grow 45% again in 2014. I figure 2 years to 100% capacity. I'm happy!!:biggrin:

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I sold my half of the cleaning business and went full time web in May. Im up 247% from last year, and spent all of it on growth. I even dipped into a small investment to draw off of as income to pay the minimal bills I have.

2014 will be a great year. My company website will launch, all of the systems I have made will be in full effect and I will actually show a profit(purposely operated at a loss for the first 3 to invest). I will also graduate college with a bachelors degree and possibly finish an associates degree early in the same year. I got an associates in business and went on to pursue a bachelors but stopped a few credits short. The university was accredited and the credits transferrable to my current school. I had to take some tests but oh well.

So im finishing that and pursuing an associates in information technology. Credits in my current degree go toward my information technology degree which will cut the time in half and I dont have to take any(more) pre-reqs for it.

Back
Top Bottom