22 calls today!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Mostly college kids looking to schedule for the end of July. We've been full for a couple weeks so can't accommodate them but Mel did schedule a couple good residential jobs too. Those are the ones the Kid gets excited for.

Must be July in Iowa!

I hope you guys are all busy and having a great Summer too!

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mostly college kids looking to schedule for the end of July. We've been full for a couple weeks so can't accommodate them but Mel did schedule a couple good residential jobs too. Those are the ones the Kid gets excited for.

Must be July in Iowa!

I hope you guys are all busy and having a great Summer too!

Wowza Dude!

Great to hear!

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's awesome Russ!

I spent all day with college kids, enrollment and freshman orientation for the twins. 7:30-5:00 it was a long day and I'm not even the one attending classes. :errf:

Name
Lee Stockwell
I got six calls scheduled today.

Have to start at 8am this week...have to remind myself not to whine, I can rest in February.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
damn...beats my record by a mile

That was 22 calls Mel answered today, not jobs completed (obviously).

July is always nuts when you serve a college town. This will be our best month since last July.

I'm going it alone this year rather than having my brother come to help. He lives in Denver. He and another guy ran my new (to me) Cleanco 47 last summer while I rocked my Chemtex Panther 20 (w/ 12 in. potty wand)...like a boss!

This year, I'll be a line soldier in the Cleanco. The Chemtex is the back-up plan.

...probably take the glide of my wand this year.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Don't know how many calls but: 17 jobs got booked today- 11 were new customers. 6 were online bookings using Fittlebug :biggrin: 15 jobs booked yesterday.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Dayum Homie!

Figuring out how the heck you got your wife to answer the phone is what I wanna know at this point.

Thats Awesome Russ : )
Turn n Burn buddy!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think we've got all the pieces to be successful. We just have to make sure we execute.

Mel was in phone sales for years and did very well at it before we were married. She was independent and raising a little boy (now 13) with her skills. It's a very good fit for her. She has to juggle a lot though. We also have a 4 year old who's pure tiger and we homeschool our 13 year old.

We've been very thankful for Service Monster lately. It has given us a platform to grow into.

We just have to stay focused on what's important to us and we will do great.

I really am thankful for you guys. This board has deepened my knowledge of our industry in so many ways.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Dayum Homie!

Figuring out how the heck you got your wife to answer the phone is what I wanna know at this point.

Thats Awesome Russ : )
Turn n Burn buddy!

Mel was so overwhelmed, she was literally in tears when I walked in the door.

So it's not all puppy dogs and rainbows. ;-)

Reactions: Hoody

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

I can feel for her. We have had a few runs like that and with taking care of our grandson, like your wife is doing with your little ones, very stressful.

Hope you were able to book a few profitable jobs.

:)

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Way to go russ! I'm happy for you. Keep up the good work and buy Mel something nice for her hard work.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Keep pushing forward Russ. You have the drive, passion, and charisma to do great things - the best part is you won't stop until you get it. Look forward to seeing your company grow.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

Then maybe you should consider using Fittlebug!? it works great with SM. and it will relieve some of the stress on your wife.. A happy wife = A happy husband..

Did you know that women considers it an Aphrodisiac when their husbands help with the household choirs!?

Take Care,

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We also have a 4 year old who's pure tiger and we homeschool our 13 year old.

Gotta do what ya gotta do...

I actually bet it was pretty dam exciting for her(the calls)! It's her biz too!

It could be worse - like us, we have two boys 11 months and three. Not sure how my wife does it, but she's gotta do what she's gotta do. Wanna stay home w/kids, I need you to answer the phone.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
When you guys say you live in a college town, how close are you to the college itself?

We have several colleges here, but I personally do not live in a college town, the largest one is about 25-30 mins away, perhaps I'm not considered a college town right? lol

Some of our clients are in that nearest college area but they're not apartments or rentals.

Do community colleges count? There's one in town. :icon_redface:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We live in a small town, 9 miles south of ISU. ISU has just north of 30K students. The students are not my target demographic but they sure fill the schedule nicely in July. Last week was our best week of 2014 and this upcoming week will be slightly better. We take as many jobs as I know I can complete but turn away well over 100 jobs during July...might be closer to 200.

Last year I sent my brother and a helper out on my Cleanco while I ran the ChemTex Panther 20 (yep!) solo. I out produced them by almost double. They are not full time carpet cleaners though.

This year, I'm going it alone in the Cleanco while having the Chemtex as a backup.

It's been a great month!

steve_64

Then maybe you should consider using Fittlebug!? it works great with SM. and it will relieve some of the stress on your wife.. A happy wife = A happy husband..

Did you know that women considers it an Aphrodisiac when their husbands help with the household choirs!?

Take Care,

genny always told her sons, a man with a vacuum in his hands is a sexy man.

she really lights up when im cleaning and tells me that story often.

R

rrcarpetcleaning

Nice Job Russ - Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom