$27.00 Hose Ruins the Day.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Had laid out 300 feet of hose for a cement basement cleaning, went to power up the pump, went inside and.......no pressure. Went back out to the truck (another 300 feet) to make sure hose was connected and pump on, and from 50 foot away, I could see water pouring out the underside of truck. It was the hose from the coolant HX to the exhaust HX, about 2 1/2 feet.

rolled up the hoses, mopped up the prespray, and headed home to try to remove the hose and get one made before the hose shop closed at 4:30. Got there at 4:20, and they had me a hose in 10 minutes. good guys.

Another high-end tile job in the morning.....limestone.

That PC 650 Everest is looking better everyday!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I hate it when that happens. That's why I keep a couple of short hoses on the truck. I can usually change one in about 10 minutes.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ron Werner said:
its great about those hose shops. I know of one here where they will do up hoses in an emergency.

And....I got a swivel fitting on both ends. When Powerclean built it, they had a fixed thread on one end, a swivel on the other, but when your installing a hose at the factory, you ain't gotta crawl up in der to change it!

Like Marty said....you can't compensate for every part on the TM. It was way up in there, and the machine was smoking hot from running and the outside temp of about 95*. I just would have f&#ked something up trying to change the hose while pissed!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom