#3 & 4

Mikey P

Administrator
Just like the last guy I hired, my CL ad has done it's job once again.

We want to create a Carpet/Upholstery and Tile cleaning tech (aptos)

<section class="userbody" style="margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; padding: 0px 0px 0.5em; border: 0px; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; vertical-align: baseline;">

+-

<section id="postingbody" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">NO experience is a must.

We are a high end service company and dont want bad habits learned from past employment with other cleaning companies.

We are looking for a PART TIME person to clean carpet, tile/stone and upholstery 3 to 4 days a week. We can work around your schedule for the right person.
Possible growth to a full time position.
Customer service/interaction experience needed
Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
Will train in all aspects of carpet, upholstery, tile and stone cleaning, identification, sealing and repair.
Excellent driving record.
Drug screening plus future random screening.
Criminal background check.
Benefits and vacation pay
No visible tattoos or piercings. Clean cut is a must
Familiar with driving a diesel cab over truck is a huge plus..
Office is in Aptos, most work is in Santa Cruz County. A few days a month spent in the San Jose or Monterey area.
8AM starting time, usually done by 5/6pm. Occasional late days ti'll 8PM
MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION to get to work on time.
$12 per hour to start and wages increase as your responsibility grows.</section></section>

First and only resume I bothered to call back and interview, appears to be a perfect fit. The 3 of them are all the same age, same interests and Scruz locals that Mrs Pift just loves.

He'll be joining me this Monday to see if the job fits.

As it currently sits, I run by myself on Mondays, Run a two man and a one man route on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thurdays with myself on either route, and one two man route on Friday and Saturday with me off the truck.

Whit the new hire I'll still be on four days a week but Davis and I will always have help. The goal is running two trucks, six days a week with both wands a'blazin and with out me on either.

Oh, and my Daughter started answering the phones this week as well. We use Full circle for lunch hour and on Saturdays

Exciting times at CCU.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Congrats!

So your movin Eli up the ranks huh?

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Chris A

Name
Chris
What category are you posting under? I'm not getting squat off my ad for the first time ever, it's really puzzling but I think I have my guy picked out already

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
With the cost of living out there I'm surprised you get reply's for a $12 an hour job that is very labor intensive? Even out here in the sticks of east Tn where the cost of living is dirt cheap I have to start guys at 12- 13 an hour just to get a reply from an ad. Good luck with your business growth. Nothing like being off the truck.

Mikey P

Administrator
No kidding Dave.. I actually get lots of applications. Less this time due to the part time factor though.

Even at 12, it's better than most entry level options to be found.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
$12 is where we start also for carpet/floors.

CL is wacky, half the country has success with it.
Not me, nothing but drifters anytime i posted an employment ad on CL

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I've had bad luck on CL .. only drifters and hookers .. I thought about posting an ad at local kol-a-jez .. just in time for summer break .. although I'd prefer to find someone long term - only problem would be winter slow down ..

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
No kidding Dave.. I actually get lots of applications. Less this time due to the part time factor though.

Even at 12, it's better than most entry level options to be found.

That is shocking to me.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I guess being an ex union (Teamster) shop steward plays against me. It costs a lot of dough to live in Vancity, a cheap mouldy bachelor suite runs about $800 a month. Both of my dudes make $20.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
16 for starters, but you have to pay well if you want to keep them, so they climb quick. Probably going top raise it to 22 this summer. 2 weeks paid holidays after 1 year as required by law, 3 weeks after 5 years. I'm going to look at paying medical as it's only $100 a month in Canuckistan.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And that doesn't include a bonus occasionally for productivity and good customer feedback. I like to think I take good care of my guys- it pays back in spades.

Reactions: Hoody

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I recently posted an ad on CL for a part time position calling in the evenings our database for reminders. I got over 180 responses. I finally pulled the ad as it was over-whelming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom