3 keys to a sucessful website

Mikey P

Administrator
My site has been getting me loads of calls/work. More so than any other marketing source.

I can tell you that the personal touch/warm fuzzies is huge. People love the About Us stuff.

Testimonials from big names in town. An attaboy from Sally in Chatsworth is worthless. A testimonial from the Chief Librarian, Top RE Agent, Sheriff or Interior Decorator is key. Get these on your site. You wont believe their value. "Oh if Dr Kincade loves you you have to be good."

3rd would be a Blog.
Blogs keep the spyders and bots coming back and make it oh so easy for you to add even more of a personal touch.

Do it!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm going to put on a blog tomorrow.
I was checking it out and had planned on doing it but didn't. Got busy I guess.

Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
I got the bulk of it made for $500 locally, I paid Cermax $99.99 for the blog and I got it loaded on the MB server for nada.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
I got the bulk of it made for $500 locally, I paid Cermax $99.99 for the blog and I got it loaded on the MB server for nada.

I've got one that comes with my new contract just signed with ATT.
I just have to read up on it and get it done.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, the blog is up on the site.
Nothing special really...it was just a quick deal.

I will work to make it more pro later.
Too busy today.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
No blog yet. But, the free quote button has turned lookers into clients on my carpet cleaning site.

http://www.**********************

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: 3 keys to a successful website

Go for it!

It's kind of like the easy button from Staples.

I need to get off my ass and add video testimonials.

I have a flip video recorder collecting dust now for over a year.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
My site has been getting me loads of calls/work. More so than any other marketing source.

I can tell you that the personal touch/warm fuzzies is huge. People love the About Us stuff.

Testimonials from big names in town. An attaboy from Sally in Chatsworth is worthless. A testimonial from the Chief Librarian, Top RE Agent, Sheriff or Interior Decorator is key. Get these on your site. You wont believe their value. "Oh if Dr Kincade loves you you have to be good."

3rd would be a Blog.
Blogs keep the spyders and bots coming back and make it oh so easy for you to add even more of a personal touch.

Wow, Mikey, when you aren't stirring the pot impersonating other people and making snarky posts you make a lot of sense. Congratulations.

In this vein let me piggyback on to a recent QuickTIP from one of our SFS members:

"Most SFS members have web sites. Congratulations. As you learned from Big Billy’s marketing gems, web sites are essential, especially so the customer (often female) can investigate her carpet cleaning options in a non-stressful atmosphere. BUT could it be that you are missing out on another benefit your web-site offers?
Remember that your customer doesn’t really care that much about your equipment. (NO, not THAT equipment- I'm talking about your Truck Mount!) She is MUCH more concerned over WHO you will be sending into her home! So why not put up a separate page for each employee (sort of a carefully supervised Facebook deal) including photos and their personal data. They can include hobbies, education, industry experience, personal philosophy and of course photos of their wonderful family. (All of which is going to be edited by you.) This is a wonderfully reassuring Moment of Truth for the customer PLUS it is a nice MOT for your employees to be recognized too!"

I think this is another great idea that tags on to the "warm fuzzies" theme suggested by Mikey. (Actually I never thought I would see these two words in a post by Mike.)

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
(Now open for business- check it out and I would appreciate ideas for improving the site sent to stoburen@StrategiesForSuccess.com)

PS Actually Mikeyboard members got the above QuickTIP before our SFS members. The TIPS package isn't even scheduled to mail till mid-June. Alabama SFS members will (maybe) receive their package in late fall.

DevilDog

I have a passion for internet marketing....and blogs are a HUGE part of that. Blogs are very easy to put up and extremely easy to SEO for almost any local keyword you are after.

And they are a GREAT way to get back links to your main website.

As an example: Let's say you want to get ranked for upholstery cleaning in your area. With a blog you could EASILY be ranked for "upholstery cleaning your city and state" within a day or two. You could write a post on why it is important to have your upholstery cleaned and what the client should look for in a good upholstery cleaning company.

Now...when you write that post you want your headline to have the specific keywords in it. And you want the very top part of your browser to say "upholstery cleaning your specific city and state." This makes it very easy to get that specific article ranked on the first or second page of Google or Yahoo or MSN.

You then want in that post "anchor text" to your upholstery cleaning websites page.

Example: You would not want to say to do this: For the finest in upholstery cleaning in such and such city visit us at ABC Carpet and Upholstery Care. That is the wrong way to do it! You want the link to say the anchor text you are after.

Here is the right way to do it: For the finest in upholstery cleaning in such and such city visit us at ABC Carpet and Upholstery Care. You could have a link be "upholstery cleaning in such and such city" and you could also have a link from ABC Carpet and Upholstery Care to your home page. The link from "upholstery cleaning such and such city" would go to your upholstery cleaning page on your main website.

That is a far superior way to do two things. One is to get your upholstery page ranked high, which is just a good thing. The more pages on your site that are on the first page of Google, or the others, is a really good thing for you. The other thing is that your blog will then get ranked high.

Of course you can also have a blog attached to your site which is what I think Mikey has but it would be better to have the blog seperate, especially if your main site is already ranked high.

When you link from one site to another you want to use keyword anchor text.

An example of how powerful anchor text is Adobe. If you put CLICK HERE into Google you will see that Adobe comes up first under click! Do you know why? Because so many sites are linked to Adobe and downloading through reader with the anchor text CLICK HERE!

So use your anchor text wisely.

Wordpress is very easy to work with for the most part. Also, Blogger is easy to use.

DevilDog

Getting ranked high in your local area is actually pretty easy especially if the site is aged decently and your competition sucks.

I use a software program that rates sites on how properly they are optimized on page.

Mikeys site is actually poorly optimized but he has the keywords in his domain name which really helps. But that site could be much better optimized but in this case, as of now, he doesn't need it.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Mikeys site is actually poorly optimized but he has the keywords in his domain name which really helps. But that site could be much better optimized but in this case, as of now, he doesn't need it.

The optimization is in the splash pages.

You ever get your site up?

Albert

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mikey P said:

So what would real people have to pay?

Mikey P

Administrator
Chris Adkins said:
[quote="Mikey P":3cg7rsp9]I got the bulk of it made for $500 locally, I paid Cermax $99.99 for the blog and I got it loaded on the MB server for nada.

So what would real people have to pay?[/quote:3cg7rsp9]

$500 was a local deal, they didnt know I am famous on the internets.

G

Mikey P said:
[quote="Chris Adkins":3qwhmwrh][quote="Mikey P":3qwhmwrh]I got the bulk of it made for $500 locally, I paid Cermax $99.99 for the blog and I got it loaded on the MB server for nada.

So what would real people have to pay?[/quote:3qwhmwrh]

$500 was a local deal, they didnt know I am famous on the internets.[/quote:3qwhmwrh]
Ya,like Bernie Madoff

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
DevilDog said:
Getting ranked high in your local area is actually pretty easy especially if the site is aged decently and your competition sucks.

I use a software program that rates sites on how properly they are optimized on page.

Hey Todd, I've never met you but I wanted to ask you a question. You mentioned quite a few things about SEO etc. But when I search for carpet cleaning in your area- your website is not found- atleast not on the first page. Thought you might want to check that out and make any corrections necessary to get back to the top because it looks like Georgie down at checkmate is holding #1 spot.

Back
Top Bottom