3" vs 2.5" hose

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I finally rigged my truck to run the 2.5" hose. The 3" hose is now my 3rd length, so in 150', lead is 2", then 2.5" then 3". At 150' it still feels like 50'.

at 100' I noticed that the 2.5" seems to provide a little better performance at the wand (14" greenhorn with hybrid glide, 5x11003 jets) than with the 3" hose, I think because it increases lift just an inch or so. I'm getting a real good tug at the carpet, even a berber.

Other benefits are; Can fit more 2.5 on the hose real, and it handles easier than the 3".

I'm only turning my 59 blower at about 1600-1700rpm, gives me 12" Hg with wand off the floor. Vac relief is set for 15"Hg so I'm pretty much peaked out. Water is only 190F and I'm getting it almost dry by the time I leave with no fans. I think the law of diminishing returns is going to take effect past these stats, there will be an increase in performance and decrease in dry times, but at a price.

Highly recommend going to 2.5" if you haven't already.
Also, the greenhorn design is the best I've seen in a wand.

DevilDog

190 is plenty.

Heat is easily the most overrated aspect of cleaning. It seems impressive, but really it isn't.

Those of us that can clean...know this.

DevilDog

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
If you're to build a machine with a big blower, it should at least be able to put out some serious heat.

KBRENNY

I sub contracted for another cleaner last summer cleaning an entire school district. We worked at the same building together until it was finished and then moved to the next, both using the exact same pre spray applied the same way. When we got to the band hall and that was the only room left we both worked in the same room together. He was watching me clean while his son was pre spraying an area and when he saw how easily I got chewing gum out 100% without any chems or spotters his jaw dropped and he wanted to try my wand on the next chewing gum spot. His machine 180 atm max, my machine 240 atm sustained.

Funny how those that don't have high heat always say
Heat is easily the most overrated aspect of cleaning.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
never said high heat didn't work, but I wouldn't want to go any hotter than 230-240 ATT. There are trade-offs.
With 190 ATT and a greenhorn, there is enough there to clean. Besides, I'm getting near dry results without burning all that extra fuel to get 240. I could easily get it if I wanted it.
I did put a kero heater on the unit but it burned out the line and I had to pay $2000 to replace a carpet; black death. SO I got rid of that and went to a safer heat.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've run 250 degrees consistent with Parker Parflex for a year without a problem. I don't spend any more money to get 250 than I do to get 190.

Spurling

The Evolution wand has some kinda space age, super flexible and light weight solution line (from the valve to the jets).. no matter how hot the water gets ..you cant feel it through the line..you'd never burn a carpet with that.. I wonder if you could get 50ft sections of it. or you could always run the line through the vac hose if you want super hot water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom