300 Degrees of heat?

Tile Nerd

meAt said:
"If the coupler will distort it, so will "mega hot" water (as someone called it) because of it's low melting point."

dude, are you paying attention??
the water is never that hot when it hits the fiber.
check the temps for your self.
You can buy a quick rise digital candy thermometer at Harbor Freight for $5 bukz.
Lay it on the carpet under the jet spray.
Crank your Powermatic thermostat all the way up.
peg the 280 temp gage.
Leave your wand triggered for at least 30 seconds to get peak heat flowing through the line and wand.

Read 'em and weep

If you're running 06 flow jets (what most CCers run) you won't get 140 degrees ATF running 180ATM

..L.T.A.

Never checked the ATF but at the wand I've seen 210. That's bad news for olefin in MY OPINION and the opinion of others (including IICRC instructors) that I've talked to.

If I'm wrong, were not gonna find out in my cleaning company.

No carpet cleaner with water has melted a poly fiber during cleaning. They might have altered the texture and distorted the appearance.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Tile Nerd said:
meAt said:
"If the coupler will distort it, so will "mega hot" water (as someone called it) because of it's low melting point."

dude, are you paying attention??
the water is never that hot when it hits the fiber.
check the temps for your self.
You can buy a quick rise digital candy thermometer at Harbor Freight for $5 bukz.
Lay it on the carpet under the jet spray.
Crank your Powermatic thermostat all the way up.
peg the 280 temp gage.
Leave your wand triggered for at least 30 seconds to get peak heat flowing through the line and wand.

Read 'em and weep

If you're running 06 flow jets (what most CCers run) you won't get 140 degrees ATF running 180ATM

..L.T.A.

Never checked the ATF but at the wand I've seen 210. That's bad news for olefin in MY OPINION and the opinion of others (including IICRC instructors) that I've talked to.

If I'm wrong, were not gonna find out in my cleaning company.

"and the opinion of others (including IICRC instructors) that I've talked to."

others who have never measured the temp ATF apparently

Carry on Junior

..L.T.A.

danpauselius

For something like $8, you can buy heat wraps for your fittings. Burned my arm once, spent the $8.

Tile Nerd

The Cleaning Artist said:
I might be wrong but poly(specifically olefin) melting point is around 300/330 degrees with some even higher.

Melting for extrusion and injection molding, yes. But distortion occurs at a much lower temperature. That's why they train to clean olefin at a lower temperature. High heat will distort white olefin, making it look grey. No doubt about it.

By the way, the toilet bowl cleaner and bleach have dried on the olefin with no affect on the color.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom