3000 feet of sealer haze..

Mikey P

Administrator
Tile setter not only left Tile Labs water based all over the floor, he also used sanded grout on this otherwise sweet Limestone install.

20130306_113606_zps929c10d3.jpg

20130306_115335_zps2cd7b415.jpg

20130306_115355_zps9bf9ae19.jpg

20130306_112635_zps31152a87.jpg

20130306_112618_zpsf0132d48.jpg

only the top floor has this tumbled texture, the haze doesn't show much on it, but you can feel the tackiness.

20130306_112552_zpsdc46ddf8.jpg

empty house, I'd like to hear how you pros would go about cleaning this up, what you would charge and what you think of the Tile Labs product.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
May just need to be buffed with a white pad with some weight or alkaline/scrub/turbo/reseal with a better sealer than that stuff

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
cameron demille
They are both polished finishes. I would try a 3000 grit Twister pad or 11000 grit Monkey Pad. They should be abrasive enough to get rid of the haze, but not dull the stone. They will either leave the finish or end up a tad shinier. You can also use polishing powder, like 5x with a little extra water.

You don't want to screw around with cleaners and crap. Cured sealer usually just smears around. You want mechanical abrasion. On honed floors I use honing powder, polished floors you can use polishing powder or the Monkey Pad. It's pretty much idiot proof.

Reactions: Mikey P

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
Over-applied color enhancer can be pretty tricky and a little more difficult to remove. Over application of the Green bottle is easy to remove. I would go with a 3000 grit twister or Monkey pad over polishing powder in this case; greater predictability of success.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What finish did the tiles have?. The bottom floor looks like it may have been honed. They put both the tile lab and enhancer?.

I use the tile lab sealer and don't think it would cause it to be gummy but over application of the enhancer would definitely do that. Test a tile with a little enhancer to see if it re activates it.

If it works and you need enhancer I have an unopened 5 gallon pail of Cobbs. I'll trade you for something.

Stone cleaning San Jose

Mikey P

Administrator
The enhancer was not used on these floors.

Here is the deal...
The tile setter told the owner that he wouldn't or couldn't fix the haze and blamed it on the tumbled look/finish.
Owner searches me up, day later I show up, I measure it up spend over an hour walking him through all the options and am literally a second away from booking and getting a $500 down payment when the setter shows up...

He freaks on my charges and says he will rent a buffer and do it himself... totally changed his tune...Lol

They move in on Thursday and wouldn't be surprised if I get "that" call on Wednesday asking for help...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom